All da Chopetz

7:50 hahaha da 10/4 cummah!!!

Randomly, diz 88 got a gud voicing too.
Rezpek da karate mofos tone production, not percussive at all.

Haha diz genzui 10/4! :ho:

Haha da black key cummah! 10:00

Fuckkkkk da golden age vibe going!
Fuckkkkkkkkk

1 Like

I still feel that way! But I guess thatā€™s why weā€™re not Argerichs and Moiseiwitschs!

1 Like

Trololol hahaha thanks for the detailed analyziz! The piano definitely wasnā€™t the easiest to play on, but Iā€™ve had far more unfortunate encounters for my first two performances of the 27ā€¦ :sweat_smile: It was a 1899 rosewood Steinway, btw

1 Like

damnnnnn

the cello etude was super respecable moizt btw. I really liked that one.

2 Likes

I was at CES so missed this epicness. Detailed summary of that my travels belowā€¦

4 Likes

great job
playing them separately is one thing - but the complete set is just fantastic

2 Likes

16:40 da 10/8 cummah!!!

Hahaha fuck. Smooth!
Randomly @karatechopin how much to you stretch? Diz lil 10/8 wuz nevah too comfy fo ma webbed fingaz

1 Like

I can reach an 11th with my LH and 10th with my RH, but itā€™s not always helpful because the size is mostly due to my palm than the length of my fingers! Anyway, it keeps me thinking about how I need to move every other part of my body and all that sheeyat.

2 Likes

Thanks Brew! I have a sad story about a dangerously depressed man and his coping mechanism (delusional escapism) thatā€™s running through my mind when I play that one, hence the moiztcha

2 Likes

Thatā€™s interesting. Do you often develop programmes like that for the pieces you play?

My hand is the same: big palm but not especially long fingers. I can reach an 11th comfortably in both hands ā€œunderā€ the keys, but some tenths over the keys I canā€™t really play (e.g. in the left hand, Ab, Eb and C). That chord was from a striding Tatum bass. If I ever learnt that properly Iā€™d have to leave out the Eb.

It kind of depends! Sometimes it spontaneously comes as I am analyzing the structure. In the case of the Cello Etude, I was trying to make sense of the harmonies and thatā€™s what I arrived at. I donā€™t care to share what these images are since the content of ā€œnarrativeā€ can be subjective, but itā€™s important for me to deliver a sense of rhetoric and relationships so that the listener can come up with one.

1 Like

Good stuff. The 25/6 is really good. Impressive that you didnā€™t run out of steam towards the end. Sounds like a nice older 88.

2 Likes