Are there any good classical record or score shops in London or Manchester?

?

Ty

!

Hahaha

1 Like

A long time since I’ve done any shopping in a physical sense. Tower records in London Piccadilly was great but doesn’t exist any more afaik.

Chappell’s of (New) Bond St had a good sheet music section c.2000, but it’s now a Yamaha store and has moved. I’ve not been there since.

Jaques Samuels (Edgware Road) is an amazing 88 store but i doubt you’ll get to try out the good 88s for long unless they think you’re considering buying one. Their rehearsal rooms are incredibly cheap for London.

is it racist if I try to see if I can do an English accent without being found out? Hmmm. Gotta study ma Chitty chitty bang bang

Hmm voice of tram lady kind of like black dude from red dearf

1 Like

imslp.org :wink:

Hmm tried the accent with the passport lady I asked which queue. She didn’t seem impressed hmmm. Regret

To blend in with locals think I gotta speak Hindi a bit and am way off base with accent.

Tru u vil zoon realize

London n Mancheztah haf pretty much da zame accent

:sunglasses:

Where the Jason Statham style accents be? Everybody here sounds like they are mostly deaf but worked really hard on speech.

(Central) London is very cosmopolitan.

I think Manc accents are a lot duller than traditional London accents tbh.

Haha datz Mancheztah accent tru

Ztath = cockney - working clazz eazt London

1 Like

I want to join the red army and hookigan. Oy!!!

Millwall and West Ham are the real go to sides for that :grin:

Is marijuana legal here btw?

No, but widely used (obv) and the police will probably turn a blind, um, nostril.

Cool cool, def no reason. :cry:

1 Like

The record shops I used to go to have all closed down now, but I think these guys are still there - and they had a wicked selection of old scores and books. Used to spend hours in there back in the 90s… :nerd_face:

http://www.travis-and-emery.com

1 Like

That’s a 5 minute walk from where I’m staying.

If only were closer :us:

Classical Music Exchange in Notting Hill. Second Hand store but shite loads of zheeyat for 6 quid down to 20p.