broadcasts

I didn’t know about it but I’ll let you know if I see it.

Damn, that’s his new programme.
His FB page is pretty good about posting stuff that’s recorded, although they often leave it as an unlisted youtube video.

Unlisted == plx steal and re-upload.

meloman.ru/concert/eliso-virsaladze-24-02-2018/

Has anyone managed to cap this Chopin recital from Virsaladze?
I’ve tried multiple times using video downloadhelper but it keeps failing.
I did cap Chochieva’s SS2, which was not entirely to my taste (mostly in the first movement).
Surprisingly, she played from the score so I’m assuming it’s a new piece.
Still for a pianist of her level she should be able to memorise that quickly.

I think pianopera figured out how to do it. Me I’d just screen record them while watching.

Every time I’ve tried to record that way the video’s been choppy.
I’m not sure why video downloadhelper keeps fucking up, some ‘string length’ error or some shit like that.
I have no idea what that means.

I haven’t seen the Debargue anywhere. Sometimes you have to record these things live or they don’t turn up again for ages.

Speaking of Debargue, his philharmonie recital from november was broadcast today on France musique.
Did anyone hear it?
I might download the webcast at some point.

LINK

Here’s the link towards Debargue’s November 2017 Paris recital.
The sound is better than my recording since I had rubbish placement, so I’d recommend downloading it.
I’ve particularly enjoyed relistening to the Szymanowski which is a nice alternative to Richter.

Grabbing this. Thanks!

Still nothing available on replay (and they’re already showing more recent stuff) or on youtube.
Shame, I wanted to hear this programme.

meloman.ru/concert/lyuka-debarg-2-151008418397/

It’s there now, I’m watching and capping at the moment.

Barcarolle was excellent.
I’m not sure that he’s a natural Chopinist, at least his is not really how I like my Chopin.
However, it a different approach to what we usually hear, and not in some obvious, vulgar way.
So for that alone it’s worthwhile.

Thanks mate. I just skipped to the op. 111. Much of his interp of the first movement reminded me of how he played Scarbo - very character driven like he was depicting some gnomic creature again. It was interesting.

Excellent. I have to watch this as well - I heard a Ravel concerto with him earlier today and even there (!) he managed to catch my attention. I’m a little afraid he’ll end up another Pogorelich, since he’s already on such an egocentric path, but as of 2018 he might very well be the most fascinating pianist of his generation for me.

The feeling I get with him is that he has the sort of interps that a composer might make. I never got that feeling with Ivo.

It’s hard to explain that feeling though :rock:

If he can achieve what pogo did during his prime and be as well documented as he currently is, then I guess it wouldn’t hurt as much if he ended up like Pogo or Gavrilov or Cliburn. Although, he also said he’d quit piano to concentrate on composition, which would be a poor use of his time. :rectum:

As for this recital, I’ve just made it to the start of op 111. Honestly, I’m pretty impressed with the playing especially considering it’s a new programme. I mean he’s played most of the works at various concerts last summer, but it still sounds less green than I would’ve expected.

I’ve really enjoyed this Debargue recital. As a one-off concert experience it’s wonderful.

It would not surprise me at all if he takes up his idea of retiring from playing. It looks like it takes a lot out of him, emotionally and mentally.

Yes but it’s also a lot of fun, and when you’re this good I think you’ll quickly realize that music is… “you”. He’ll never feel comfortable going back to working in a grocery store again.