broadcasts

Sure, but cutting his recitals down to just 5 or 6 a year is something I could see him doing. He’s only 27/28. It just looks like the concerts put more of a demand on him than they do on Trifonov and the other young ones I’ve seen (on video).

Yes, maybe even should be doing. I wish Wang in particular had done that years ago since she’s beginning to sound thin and mentally worn out - at 31.

I’ve had similar thoughts about Fray. There’s no secret who he models himself after - and we all know how that went - and I’ve heard the fees he demands for concerts are outrageous. Apparently to the point where it explains why he gives so few recitals, since they only happen when he actually gets what he demands or when he knows the venue can’t possibly accommodate him. I wonder if it’s about building a retirement fund.

Did anyone succeed in downloading Debargue’s recital? Or screencap only?

I got it.

Yes, I succeeded now as well. jDownloader couldn’t find it, but Chrome’s dev tools did the trick.

I get this impression too. He doesn’t necessarily have to reduce to a handful of performances a season, but maybe more like 20-30.
From interviews he seems to be an incredibly intense person, and I don’t get the impression that he can switch it off. It’s extremely taxing to be like that and I could totally see him burning out.
Hopefully it doesn’t happen.

Damn this sounds good.

Still without being fantastic though I have to say… It’s not the magic you’ve heard from Fray’s recent Chopin playing for instance. But no there’s definitely something there. He has the mark of an artist, and not just a pianist.

How? I’m only getting da “forbidden”
Edit: nevermind, got it.

Next Monday 7 May there’ll be a broadcast of Babayan’s recital in Copenhagen. I think we already have most or all of this rep, but I think from another city.

https://www.worldconcerthall.com/en/schedule/babayan_plays_part_liszt_ryabov_bach_chopin_and_rachmaninov_in_copenhagen/40943/

Roger Muraro will play Chopin’s Preludes tonight, this could be interesting

https://www.worldconcerthall.com/en/schedule/muraro_plays_mozart_debussy_and_chopin_in_bielefeld/40978/

Well that was disappointing. Sounded like there were mistakes everywhere and it was dull (Chopin). I’m surprised he let that be broadcast. I really liked his Messiaen and the Tchai Comp video I uploaded.

I like his Messiaen too.
A broadcast of Debargue playing the Prok 2 will be broadcastin a couple of hours. I don’t know if I’ll be home then, but if I am I’ll try to cap it.
worldconcerthall.com/en/sch … est/40993/

Another Tyson broadcast from his recent Vilnius recital

https://www.worldconcerthall.com/en/schedule/tyson_plays_scarlatti_mompou_ravel_albeniz_and_liszt_in_vilnius/41289/

Splendid! One can never have too many of these.

please somebody record this and share
thanks

I’ll try to get it, starts in 15m

I don’t seem to be able to connect to the station. Hope you have better luck, Vlad.

I’m listening to it now. Hopefully I don’t have the audio settings too high :unamused:

oh my god they just cut off the third Albeniz piece midway through and went into the Liszt. WTF Lithuania.