Da Cuntry Zons Quiz

There’s at least Tomasek too, but I thought Dussek very early on for this. I don’t recognize it either however.

Tru da Zcrib zon 7 inzane arp

1 Like

Right, wasn’t Moscheles Bohemian as well btw? That’s certainly possible too, maybe even more so.

German 1 iz da Clara zon, tiz betta den her conc fo zhor :sunglasses:

Are we not bothered about spoilers then?

Tru, tis one of those Czechies. I didn’t actually know it so used the first one that came up on da tube.

Da comme wuz too lazy to learn da zpoilah function :dong:

Interesting!
What about the rest of my comments?

u zhud noe da 8 cuntzidarin tiz da mofo in yo avatah :dong:

1 Like

So I got them all right?

I’ve updated whats been guessed in the OP.

1 - I’m surprised no one knows. Theres not too many French sonatas. And yes, borderline c20th. (that has to give it away now)
4 - Composer has been mentioned.
7 - Early work, stylistically nothing like him really. But well known cumposer.
11 - Romanian composer should be pretty clear. Can only think of one.

This is tough. #10 is the only one I recognize.

And that tells something about the difficulty of this quizz. :wink:

1 Like

hah, well tried to strike a balance between shorter fragments of known sheeyat versus longer of unknown.
I would have thought 1,2,8,10 are pretty well known. And I gather everyone at least knows of the works listed.
Answers revealed in OP.

There’s a guess the score group on fb that is insane. There’s rarely one they don’t get, from single notes.

I only knew da Copland, Scriabin and Berg Snorters :pensive:
(though I may have listened to most of the other workz but da fragments were simply too brief to recognize for me)

Daim this was hard and I suck

Stuff like the C Schumann, Dussek I think you’re either going to know it or you’re not so I don’t know if longer excerpts would have helped. (but did choose the very beginning of the piece to be as helpful as possible).
However I did think the Albeniz and Dukas would be better known.

Obviously wanted to avoid the most common sonatas so maybe I’ll try and a strike better balance next time.

1 Like

I didn’t know the Dussek sonata but yet thought about him when I heard the excerpt. He has this cordial, pleasant quality to his music plus I often really like him.

Clara not so much. Only a mofo would put those chords there.

I was surprised by Dukas. I’m not too familiar with the work, but a longer excerpt or maybe a different one and I would probably have recognized this.

Also annoyed I couldn’t place the Scrib-7. These things happen all the time with me, but that particular passage. It’s more than likely the largest chord I’ve ever seen in print.

1 Like

I was actually thinking of the Dukas sonata. It must be like 10 years since I heard it. Will revisit it now. I remember liking it a lot

1 Like

That passage has been described as one of the weirdest in the rep, hence why I thought it may be known…but…:thinking:

Had U zeen dat giant arp in da KAN 76/2 :dong:

Pozz inzpired da ZCRIB except da KAN iz fo juz 1 hand :sunglasses:

Diz an AFAP azcendin arp

da DOC rec iz fuckin legendary

1 Like