Da DOC zubtle MADGE dizz

There were also a couple of recordings of the complete Chopin-Godowsky Etudes by the time I became interested in setting them down. The first one was by a pianist who sounds like he sight-read through them. It created a huge disappointment among Godowsky enthusiasts around the world.

:sunglasses: Clazzic :doc:

Even tho…zum ov da DOC recz zound lyk a 2nd read thro :sunglasses:

Carlo Grante recorded them before Marc as well. I was in touch with a student of Grante’s around that time, and unsurprisingly they didn’t like Libetta very much. :slight_smile:

1 Like

hahahaha

alzo da :doc: dizz da :rectum: zherbert zayin tiz not big pictchah :sunglasses:

Haha da LIB iz da TRU OWNAH ov da CHOPGODZ

zadly he wont make an official rec until hiz tech declined enuff to make it a 5 dizc zheeyat :sunglasses:

Yes I think so too. That said some of my favourite live recordings with Marc are in the Chop/Gods. It’s slick piano playing, with little attention paid to the musical content, but it’s wonderful anyway. :doc:

WTF il a du culot le mec !!!

haha da :rectum: 'z :wim: interpr of da 18 truly wtf

Haha pozz, but da gensui is once you listened to it, all other interpz sound wrong. :rectum:

1 Like

Sum day I muzt make a serious attempt to listen to da DOC in d960, but I suspect I may need to be medicated. Probably before, during AND after.

:slight_smile:

Tru is plejing wiz a beautyful sound, exquisite trills, cute phrasing and lovely balancé between de fingres. :ring::candy: :nail_care:

Do it! I mock him for playing it now, but early in his career he did play it really well.

I’d rather watch him do this for an hour

6 Likes

Haha diz confuzed vladmofo

1 Like

I legit find that hard to believe. His tone colouring was always so antiseptic, maybe different live perhaps?

I haven’t heard it in many years - I remember it as very seamless and flowing, as always with Hamelin, but also quite beautiful and moving. It’s one of the few works I’ve heard him play he doesn’t approach like a doctor studying an insect, but as a work you can tell he loves and is attached to.

It’s nothing super amazing, but if you’re serious about trying it I can conjure up a good rec from the 97/98 season by Monday at least.

Ok, I’ll listen, no rush really though as I just don’t think it’s his area.

Hehe, I don’t mean to push you in to this - I have other things to do as well - but if you want to hear it I can get a good rec up within a few days.

Wut do U think ov da recent ztudio ZIM zchub zonz?

N I iz v fond ov da Kovacevich interp

I didn’t like them very much

Da ZIM zherb impromptuz zum ov da bez recz I’ve eva herd tru

I’ve been enjoyin da zonz rec today. But not zhor if dey haf da zame magic.