Da greatezt pianizt-conducktor in recorded hiztory (poll)

Who did/does both on the highest level (not necessarily at the same time)?

• Da :rocky:
  • Da PLETNOPHILE
  • Da Ask-a-Nazi
  • Da SCHITT
  • Da BAREN
  • Otha

0 voters

1 Like

dey must have rekz or we can pick any1 from hiztry?

OMFG I didn’t read the title :gun:

Lenny surely worth a mention.

1 Like

da Lenny’s zentimentality unliztenable in moi opinion

Svetlanov has to be top 5

2 Likes

Yeah I considered both Bernstein and Svet but maybe their pianistic skillz were a bit too limited in the end, compared to the others mentioned here…

Tru, and Previn.

3 Likes

and I apparently not the alternatives, I initially voted on pianist-composer :laughing:

Still hard, Plet or Rach. I think Plet is the greater pianist, but from what I’ve heard he’s a pretty crappy conductor.

1 Like

from what I’ve heard from people who lizten to deze tingz

Really? I think he’s pretty good…

I wouldn’t know

Maybe it was his orchestra which was crappy, the RNO

Ekskuz moi but Svet studied with Mikhail Gnessin (Rimsky-Korsakov, Lyadov) and Maria Gurvich (Medtner pupil). Methinkz we just need more rekz to cement his legazee.

1 Like

Yeah I’d be very interested in some earlier recs. I have some later stuff - Medtner, Rachmaninoff, Chopin, all somewhat “easier” pieces, beautifully played but it seemed technically a bit limited to me, compared to the other Ruskies.

1 Like

Would you put his conducting above da Rock & Plate?

Certainly above da Plate so far, for me he was one of the great Russian conductors.
Rachmaninoff’s conducting legacy iz pretty zmall, unfortunately…(Third Symph, Isle of da Dead…)

Greatest paedo-conducktah?

• Da Plate :thailand:
  • Da fat monztah of da Met

0 voters

1 Like

Hahaha, dat Thai flag :laughing:

1 Like

I don’t know Rach’s conducting & don’t rate da Plate’s or Ashnazi’s as anything special. I’m really tempted by da Svet as his conducting is great and piano rekz admirable.

1 Like

Szell was a good pianist. Think there’s a Mozart Quartet rec.

2 Likes

Wasn’t Solti also supposed to be good on da 88?

2 Likes

Yeh, think he recorded some zheeyat with Perahia.
But maybe the question needs to be narrowed to mofos who had equally big careers as cunductors and penists. Coz I think nearly every cunductor played da 88.

2 Likes