Da HARDEZT BarCock Cuncerto

Tru…ezcept not. (but they look ridiculously hard!)
Which one do you like da bezt?

Deze get very little attention around here, and from my lizten to 1 & 2 juz now, dey is seriouzly furiouz works.
I’ve got a very love hate relationship with Bartok and have always preferred 1 to 2 but sort have them both on par now. The rawness without the strings and the ‘blurred’ writing in 2 is seriously original, and the savagery of 1 tru Bartok style.
3 is well known enough to stand on it’s own I guess.

0 voters

Haha.

My favourite is the second. It fell in place when I heard it live - it’s a dizzying experience, and the remarkable thing is that you get associations both to the dinosaur age and to a civilization thousands of years in to the future. On the one hand it’s alien, digital, refined and complex, on the other it’s fiercely brutal and primal.

2 Likes

I nevah heard a bartok conc but I votd Tru :doc:

I heard a story about random blood all ovah da 88 afath a conc tho?

1 Like

Yes that’s also the second. It’s 203.54 on the unintended Richter scale, edging out even the Rach-3. I’ve never played it through but I can imagine it’s not just the piano part but that it’s hideously daunting to perform together with the orchestra as well.

1 Like

Who did I hear dat Ztory from though?

Randomly I feel like tiz zum bronfmann interview

My reason for listening was to reacquaint myself with prime Kovacevich. They’re dam good recs. Virtuosic at the demand of musical gesture.
He got old…

I know Anda has classic recs. Anyone else? I imagine Kocsis would be good?

1 Like

For me No. 2 too, all da way.
This is one of very few Pollini recz that I like very much, also because of the excellent orchestral “accumpaniment”.

Haha I turned pages for Yuja Wang for Bartok 2 once upon a time…

Although I like 2 the most, I have a soft spot for 3 because I once accompanied 5 or 6 friends for our school’s concerto competition when it was the compulsory work… (Everyone else was too lazy to learn the orch part :sweat_smile::joy:)

1 Like

waaat

When?

1 Like

I forgot there’s also da op 1 rhapsody and op 2 schitzo. I quite like the scherzo, even if it sounds more Strauss/Liszt than Bartok. Pozz has the longest ever break for da zoloist, def over 5 minutes.

Ahahahahah da BART2 not az wikid az da GIN1 :sunglasses:

Bartok 2 :sunglasses: Good recs are Pollini and Andsnes with Boulez. Da Zim plays a mean Bartok 1

But I agree wiz d Zepp dat da Gin1 is also good

1 Like

The Rhapsody is a super cool piece, very much Liszt inspired.

Actually wut I meant to zay wuz:

Da GIN1 iz wikid
Da BART2 juz random noize :sunglasses:

Da Zepp still living in 1856

1 Like

Wow, didn’t expect such a landslide for no.2.
And no love for the most popular 3?

Are there any rumours circulating of recs of him playing the concerti? (I guess it would only be 1 or 2 as he didn’t finish 3) He was a phenomenal penist.

1 Like

I’d wish!!

1836 is even better. I’d be a doctor.

4 Likes

Of Bartok? There’s more than just rumor, there is a recording of him in the 2nd PC.

I’m surprised too randomly. I thought 3 would win.

No 3 is of course good as well. But it can’t compare with the other two unless you are old and frail or someone like daZepp. The 3rd was composed when Bartok was old, depressed and had moved to America.

I still love it though

1 Like

hahaha tha 2nd mvt of tha 2nd con haz been mah fav zince randomly hearin it on tha radio yrz ago not knowin what it wuz n thinkin “dayum whut iz thiz intenze hypnotic zong of zheeyat”

zo tru bazd on thiz dizgraceful 2nd mvt choice i vil forfeit my vote :gav:

1 Like