Da ORGY thread

DAIM da ORGY :orgy: a zumwut cuntroverzial figah. Overrated in da general 88 cummunity but pozzibly actually undahrated on da SDC

Wut iz yo opinion on diz legendary biatch?

I hate dat scherzo vid coz it’s in the wrong key.
Da prime ORGY gets a 9/10 from me as a woman (beautiful AND charming), but harzhly only a 7/10 max as a pianist.

HAHAHA da final part ov dat vid wiz da ORGY n BAREN in da PIMP conc

Da BAREN noe hiz place IC :sunglasses:

Da orgy actually 1.5 yrz OLDA den da BAREN n haf in her late 70z mo tech den da BAREN in hiz fuckin 20z :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I think she’s an excellent pianist with some good stuff behind her, but I don’t care much for her myself. She’s all fingers and instinct, and musically I think she comes across as a bit of a bitch. I was reminded by this just now during my Mazurka spree - I skipped negative impressions since the post was long enough already, but Argerich is closely associated with the 24#2 Mazurka and yet I just can’t warm up to her way with it. Fast, jerky, mechanical and even pounding - and this in a piece I see as highly intimate.

I made peace with the thought that she’s for others to enjoy already 15 years ago, and since 2012 or so I have let her go completely. I don’t follow what might turn up with her, or with what she’s doing in the concert halls. No hate though - I think she is where she belongs career wise.

1 Like

Yet her tone production seems legit next to some irrelevant finger movers and facial contortionists of the 21st century

2 Likes

Great, very natural tech, but not especially subtle. More of a rapizt than a zeductrezz!

2 Likes

I find her Bach playing very underrated.

6 Likes

You don’t have to follow her. On any given day chances are it’s the Prok 3 or the Ravel.

6 Likes

Tru zhe iz an example ov a penizt dat iz wikid in zum rep n flimzy in othaz.

I find her big chordal + oct playin a bit flimzy n prefah a bold rounded zound.

1 Like

This is very true. She does have my favourite 826, from Verbier 10 years back or so.

Shes great but I’ve never seen her live and likely won’t be able to.