Da RARE REPERTOIRE tube dizcoveriez thread

MARIE TRAUTMANN-JAELL - a most interesting female 19th century pianist/composer (French-Jewish) and a true Lisztian. She also wrote an interesting piano method.

3 Likes

I think she was probably a greater composer than her husband, tbh. I donā€™t mind the Alfred Jaell paraphrases, of course :wink:
Here is da KAT. The piece is a little disposable, but he plays with such ease it makes me smile.

1 Like

Jael looks a bit like Da plate. Conspiracy?

Da JAELLBAIT. :plate_with_cutlery:

1 Like

This officially best SDC pun! It is awarded the rare early internet ROFL

1 Like

Iā€™m fond of this.

3 Likes

U dun c too many mofoz named Adolf deze dayz.

I wundah why :dong:

5 Likes

Haha, now thatā€™s how you start a piano concerto

1 Like

Ahahahahah 12ā€™44

da PIMP WALDET in orch tranz ic :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Tru I was chatting up a chick last year dat took selfies with diz mofo in bed

Creepy as fuck, what a psycho.

1 Like

Tru. Also a mild TCHAIK (pimp derived Russian melancholy closeted :fox_face: :ghey: ) vibe

No Wild rec on da tube, but this is one of Nicolosiā€™s best recs.

4.00, 9.15, 10.30 :heart:

I quite fancy learning this tbh. So many interesting pianistic devices in it. As a structural whole, though, it isnā€™t put together with the coherence of da :pimp:, and Thalbergā€™s oft-shown weakness in writing endings is apparent (exceptions include Moses and Don Pasquale).

1 Like

DIZ actually a rare example ov zome CZERNAH moizt datz actually a bit wikid n a zumwut wikid tremblah fury midzect

1 Like

Superb. Lovely playing and recorded sound too.

Czerny is one of the most underrated of all these mofos IMO. That he was so prolific as a composer almost works against him because there is a lot among it which is really good (if admittedly missing that final bit of sharpness to put it alongside Chopin, Liszt, Schubert, etc).

1 Like

Never heard for Murad Kazhlayev, until Kissin said that he played his 3 preludes (4, 5, 6).

Beuatiful works:

5 Likes

Diz iz EXACTLY why I wizh mo famouz pianiztz would uze deir fame and influence to bring more rare but great workz into da zpotlight

I am glad he iz doing it at leazt to diz degree, glad to hear diz very attractive muzik!

2 Likes

With the vastness of the piano literature I almost think itā€™s a responsibility. You donā€™t have to do a Hamelin and go full mofo with it, but something off the beaten track every season - that much of a researcher I think any pianist can be.

6 Likes

Alzo even to uze dem az encorez - wut do dey haf to loze?

In fact mozt rare workz ov great quality are generally zhort

I think great LONG workz are da excluzive domain ov da ā€˜great compozerzā€™ but I ztrongly believe many lower tier compozerz can actually ztrike gold and produce miniature mazterpiecez

Datz a far lezz rare zkill dan to produce long monumentz

1 Like

Yes the exception if anything would be PCs. Henselt, Scharwenka, Alkan etc - excellent stuff.

1 Like

More CAPED RAYz needed.

1 Like