da rectum enigma dvd

amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ … TUCCVJ7DGE

hahaha, dere r so many wikid things on dis

including a hilarious rectum doin a liszt impersonataion at and away from da piano

it ends with da richter randomly stating dat he doesnt likehimself and hangs his head in sadness - den it just ends

im like WTF?!?!?!

and den deres da fuckin 10/4 - ESSENTIAL

There is a lot of footage of Richter playing at various stages of his career. Two clips in particular stood out for me. Firstly, a bewildering black and white clip of Richter playing the Op. 10, No. 4 Chopin Etude at such an impossible and fantastic speed that one feels certain that the footage has been speeded up. However, the pitch of the notes is correct so there obviously was no speeding up. So one is faced with a reality that does not seem possible, such is the accuracy, speed and power of the performance. It can’t be done but you just have to accept that Richter did it. What can you do? Either tear up the music books and give up or just keep on practising! Secondly, a clip of Richter playing the Tschaikovsky piano concerto. Again, the sheer speed and force are awe-inspiring, yet Richter himself seems unbothered, even bored! The conductor of that performance later said that he had not enjoyed it because Richter’s personality was so enormous that orchestra and conductor alike were bent to his will.

hahahaha, what a mofo

the Op. 10, No. 4 Chopin Etude at such an impossible and fantastic speed that one feels certain that the footage has been speeded up. However, the pitch of the notes is correct so there obviously was no speeding up. So one is faced with a reality that does not seem possible, such is the accuracy, speed and power of the performance.

dis should be da foreword to da genesis of da SDC bible 8)

richter was a fuckin tru mofo
respec to him

hahahaha, dat is evident 8)

hahaha u know da story behin dis ?
I’m reading da book of da Bruno Monsaingeon mofo
Richter was such a mofo dat he actually DIED before da end of da talks and interviews for da film
so da bruno had to make a slightly weird montage to end da film

hahaha !
wait… dis is sad sheeyat :cry:

1 Like

dayum, i have respec fo da legend

:cry:

much respec to sviatoslav

richter fully went into any concert hall and did his thing, das it. the man runs julliard!

man, am i stoned or iz u?

haha, not even! it’s whene’er i see a richter clip i need to put on mah sunglasses cuz dere’s so much ice goin’ on.

1 Like

ic 8)

Wut iz u mofoz opinion on diz endin?

Zenzationalizt BZ and dizrezpecful to edit it in diz way, or a fitting tribute to a perfectionizt artizt?

Ahahahah daiiiim if da RECTUM wuz a perfectionizt mofo

Den da zepp haff nevah played a wrong note in public :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yeah, this is really disingenuous film-making - the quote is clearly out of context. He was reading a journal entry where he was disappointed with a performance and wrote “I do not like myself.” And then the sad, mopey extended cut seems to be from another segment altogether - probably during break time. He’s not even wearing the same outfit.

I’m not sure Richter knew he was being filmed here, which makes it even more disturbing.

1 Like

Still I find it hard to fault Monsaingeon. It’s perhaps the best music documentary I have seen. I remember I watched it near daily in the weeks after it came out, and it might in fact have been what got me interested in Richter in the first place. Even if the end quote is out of context it’s also not out of character - Richter was highly critical of himself, and did struggle with depression. Unnecessary to architect the ending anyway but I would have minded more if it had concluded a film about Argerich say, not to mention people like Rubinstein or Gavrilov.

I wish I’d picked up a copy of the book. I used to read it at the library in between classes. It was one of my favourites. I love the documentary too.

Ahahahah if da GAV cud dizcuzz moizt in a maztahclazz, he cud fo zhor fake zum zelf-deprecazheeyat :sunglasses: