da tech of Volodos?

Thx for actually answering my god damnen question. I think it was well answered.

I was not comparing da j-boys tech to volodos, but just showing that what da volodos plays isnt as difficult as it may looks. as a proof for that I mentioned da jemboy playing da volodos transcriptions.

-da Meph

to be able to play Volodos transcriptions like JB is very different from playing it like Volodos himself. I can play Islamey, doesnt mean its not difficultā€¦

Volodosā€™s Thaik 6th/Feinberg recording is sl*w. :wood:

1 Like

:stop:

-da Meph

Volodos: 9ā€™20" or thereabouts
Bear: 8ā€™ 15" or thereabouts

koji

why does volodos always look so fuckin dissapointet when he plays? and he lacks charm. fuckin fat mofo.

-da Meph

Lacks charm?? I really cant agreeā€¦

1 Like

I like Volodos a lot. Heā€™s a very sensitive musician - probably one of the best pianistā€™s alive today.

His Tchaikovsky-Feinberg Symphony is quite excitingā€¦ Bermanā€™s is just unbelievable though.

1 Like

Oh, I love his performance. The first cd by him I heard was his Rachmaninov 3rd piano concerto. That was respectable and really magnificant.His technique is natural and fluent! :whale:

Volodos started playing when he was 16.

damn!

I have just realised that Volodos is a fucking legend, indeed is fury and touch is amazing :open_mouth:

-da Meph

1 Like

exactlu, he started playing at 16, so how did he achieve the level he is at today??? dat is wut i have asked many of u but noone ever answers meā€¦

wut did he play for pure tech? how much did he practice? wut pieces did he practice? some of u must knowm as a lot of u know alot of sheeyatā€¦

and how many years until he became a star???

1 Like

HAHAHAH WTF DA MEPH

u were a fukin unlegendary hatah of da volodoz, wat made yo change yo mind?

because Volodos rocks

1 Like

from da wikiā€¦

ā€œThough he had played the piano from the age of eight, he did not devote himself to serious study of the instrument until 1987.ā€

he used to be a singer. its not like singers can practice 8 hrs a day (or so ive always thought), so he probly had a lot of spare time in his youth to get furious on da piano. probly he randomly started to kick ass, some profs noticed and said ā€œdis mofo is the shit, quit singing you fat mofoā€ den da vol shut the fuck up and became a SDC legend.

2 Likes

erhhhā€¦dats not dat helpfulā€¦wut did he do for tech, repertoire etcā€¦

hanon n chopetz fo tech
bach fo zightreadin n countahpoint

dayum, exactly wut im doingā€¦minus da hanon of course :whale:

listening without prejudice.

-da Meph

1 Like

I havenā€™t heard him play alot of ā€˜seriousā€™ music. Hiz tranzcriptions get boring so fast. I regret buying dat cd. Also, he needs to give up the HO tranz, he just canā€™t compete. I did like his Rach 3 though, but at the same time, I didnā€™t feel it gave me anything I couldnā€™t hear elsewhere.