da true punk rock spirit

Da vlad a bit taken by dis young gal. She’s got a crazy following for 17yo

Will be interesting to see if she manages to sustain her career. Many years ago there was this Australian girl called Gabriela Cilmi whose first album really impressed me, but who then just faded into obscurity. It’s been a similar story with Kimbra, whose first album was similarly impressive, and who scored a worldwide hit by featuring in that Gotye song, ut who I’ve lost sight of in the past 5 years or so.

1 Like

Matt Elliott’s made some good depressing music for (ex) drinkers

1 Like

It’s been a few years since I last heard this hallucinogenic masterpiece. Music’s by the mastermind of The Mars Volta & guitarist of punk band At the Drive In. Spanish singer is Ximena Sariñana. This music probably will always amaze me.

1 Like

jus daim!!!

1 Like

They were dating at the time and recorded a few albums together, but I think this one is the pick of the lot. If you want to try another with her, this quiet one, which is so different from Solar Gambling, is a real beauty:

I’ve been listening to Omar quite a lot lately. His output and the variety in his output are just insane. He covers so much. Some of the dozen or so albums released in '16/'17 (mostly older material) are a bit too poppy, but when he hits, he’s just remarkable. His punk material w/ At the Drive In is sensational too.

1 Like

This actually first time I’ve listened t this Ellish. Pop music needs this weirdness tru

1 Like

some early stuff …

1 Like

man Kim Shattuck died. She’s unforgettable in how she sings this song about being fine w/ prostitution and standing for your decisions

1 Like

dis Czech band is great live. When I saw them in Amsterdam they were dressed as giant condoms and created a huge wall of sound w/ guitars, drums & a trumpet. They totally outshone the main band.

1 Like

Steve and Eydie doing black hole sun some how extremely punk move

1 Like

Also this!

1 Like
1 Like

Not punk at all other than some metalcore influences alongside thrash, but after a prolonged 5 year hiatus my favourite British Metal back are back.

Far from the biggest band but worthy of much more fame than they have.

1 Like

fuuuuck the live Nomeansno. I still wear my Nomeansno t-shirt.

wow this brings back emotions. Still so great

memory lane traffic jam sheeyat

1 Like