Dis Orgy Quote

She strikes me as impetuous, quite possibly over-talented, and consequently not especially musically deep: pozz coz sheeyat comes too easily to her.

2 Likes

Yeah exactly my thoughts. She has an enviable facility at da 88 though.

1 Like

Daim

Only man can be this stupid.

Tranny confirmed :sunglasses:

Argerich is a lot more controlled than Khatia, but I can hear a kind of kinship there. I actually liked Khatia better before she got famous. There were some good things in the Rubinstein comp, even if she missed an entry in the last movement of the Brahms concerto (with ensuing trainwreck, somehow they got back in sync). The best solo playing I’ve heard from Argerich was in baroque rep.

1 Like

Brew and I hear here the same (and da Buna too). Argerich actually does have my reference 826 (the late rec).

On the flip side, if one were to run into YW at a coffee shop or bar, she’d probably sit down hang out with you like a normal person. I can’t see Argerich ever doing that.

1 Like

Yeah I do see some of Argerich in Khatia. I love Argerich, and to be honest I also like at least some of what I have heard from Khatia. But it is not exactly A4, as we say in Norway

1 Like

Explain diz Norwegian phraze :dong:

It means that something is not standard. I think it is because the standard paper format is A4. So when something is not A4 it means that is something out of the ordinary. It doesn’t have a negative or positive meaning

Yeah I did guess about the A4 paper reference but still somewhat confused :dong:

Not ordinary can mean something is extraordinary, which is a very positive word

Argerich can be this way, but she’s a bit hit and miss for me

Some of her playing sounds flippant and not thought-through, and some sounds great…partly because of that

I ment is as not confirming to the way most people would play

She booked a concert for April fool’s and u iz hoping she doesn’t cancel? :dong:

2 Likes

I know…
If she cancels, I won’t bother booking to see her again. I only booked this time because she’s playing 2 piano, not the Schumann concerto.

Maybe Argerich needs to narrow down her active repertoire so that she can think-through her interpretations more thoroughly…

2 Likes

Narrow down even more?
If she whores out the Schumann concerto or the Liszt 1 one more time I’ll

I’ll go whore out da rappah 9 again :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Dun forget prok 3 and ravel and we have all da cuncerto rep you need apparently.

Tho, I dun want to diss da orgy concerto rep too hard

By 1940 da Ho concerto rep wuz
Brahms 2, Tchaik 1, Rach 3

He programmed da Liszt 2 once in 1944 and had da Mozart K 488 planned fo a 1945 benifit concert (it was recorded but they switched to da Brahms 2 last minute)

Fuck Toscanini for not wanting to explore more rep wiz da Ho. Even refused to condfuckt da Ho in da Rach 3.
Fuck that!

1 Like

Da HO hated playing concerti, so it’s not surprising he didn’t have more than a half dozen in his repertoire. I don’t think he even played any between 1953 and 1978?

1 Like

Seems like quite a few people do. Sock and Zim I can think of. I wonder if it’s to do with finding a sympathetic conductor? Zim made a few with Bernstein and now Rattle.
I pity any conductor that has to work with Pogo. That half hour first mov Tchaik was a nightmare/hilarious. I think it was Salonen.