Diz random thread

It’s impossible for me to not hear it for that long, unless I stop going to concerts.

I think it’s an improvement on Liszt’s, which is an improvement on SS. The only thing I regret is that Horowitz removed that part with the repeated octaves before the theme returns.

His Funérailles would’ve been great if he’d have played the climax like a normal person. There is one live version from the Carnegie series which is more calm. Overall, I haven’t come across a really satisfying version of the piece, maybe Richter but I haven’t listened to his for a long time.

i’m arse suming big mac is danse macabre?
How!?

Danse MACabre.

It’s a continuation of Feux Follets which means French Fries.

It’s that he turns - in all three works - what should be a musical journey in to a display of his pianism. I’m all for that in the Paganini studies, go right ahead, but not here. It’s the coca cola to go with the rest of his menu - and coke is great… unless you knew it said Macallan 18 on the order.

But if you’re 12 I suppose you’re happy to have that coke and if you’re 22 I suppose you’d like them together. :partying_face: Each to his own. I just find it annoying.

1 Like

You hear music in the danse macabre? Apart from the basic tune I think the original is complete rubbish, and Liszt’s is only somewhat more palatable.

Oh yes - love it!

I think it’s one of SS’s (many) inspired popcorn moments.

I like the tune but I don’t think he did enough with it. I kind of feel like he wasted this material. I feel the same with Grieg’s In the Hall of the Mountain King.

1 Like

Dang, that’s tenuous at best…

I reckon the Liszt is an improvement on da SS (although clearly the violin makes it) but am not a fan of the Ho arrangement. If I sheeyat correctly the original is a zong or there is definitely a zong arrangement.

Tru, and when u iz 28 it is perfectly fine to want an 18 year old

Tf does this have to do with anything?

1 Like

Liszt’s ~works~ but this is one of those cases where I prefer the orchestral original. It’s so tied to death and his false tuned violin.

Oh yes. Whisky. :nerd_face:

1 Like

How about a fresh new approach? :wink:

Compromise. Piano+Violin+Voice

It’s the random thread you know :slight_smile:

:+1:
I’ll watch tonight, my computer has died at home so I’m stuck with mobile

Tru :tm:

1 Like