Hatto

Dude, I’m telling you - there’s simply no way. If I play a piece along with a recording - no matter how many times I do it, I would NEVER get a perfect matchup like this.

I simply can’t believe it.

Brew and Chris,

I really empathize with you, but your queries are definitely worth asking because you paid serious $$ for all of those cds. Despite what he says, I don’t think he can offer any conclusive explanation unless someone takes him to court, or challenge his integrity over the papers.

Nothing is proven until someone confesses. I don’t think he will budge anytime though. This are serious allegations and I myself think in spite of the overwhelming evidence, he’s innocent until proven guilty. On the count that the party in question is six feet under and unable to give testimony.

haha for those of you old enough or lame enough to remembah, diz zheeyat reminds me of:

Girl you know it’s tru. :blush:

If this really is the Jilly Hattilli of the 88. Then wow. TBH, I’m amazed this guy is answering e-mails and not on a plane somewhere.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH DA MILLI VANILLAH

HAHAHAHAHAHA DA JILLY HATTILLI

DA AL A CG LEGEND TRU

N RANDOMLY

diz remind moi of da movie memento

if u enjoy da recz, y zhud u azk where dey cummah from?

pozz

I’m more bitter about being misled.

Yes, this is not at all funny for CA customers - apologies to all. I honestly thought this was a joke to begin with, but clearly it isn’t. I am still in disbelief over the veracity of the claims, but let’s see how it pans out…

I can understand how the label failed to control the origin of the solo piano recordings. This can be attributed to just a lack of quality control.

However, the Rocky 3 rec is supposedly also fake. What did she say with which orchestra this was recorded? Do the orchestra and conductor even exist? If yes, the orchestra and conductor should know that the recording is fake, no? How can a recording company such as CA not notice fakes like that? Or were they part of the deal?

I think you’re onto something. The conductor on most/all? her concerto recs is René Köhler. Googling this name makes it look like this conductor only exists on Hatto recs. Which is very weird. This does indeed sound akin to Fiorentino/Saga-type shenanigans, as Brew suggested…

hahaha
da HATTOri HanZO HOAX
daimmmmmmm ZKEP level

(posted by Allan Evans on pianophiles):

Interesting postings on r.m.c.r. on Gramophone’s investigation into Hatto’s recordings. It
seems many are by other pianists, making Hatto into a sort of a catch-all word for duping
others into believing it was the work of a single person, who played at an astonishingly
competent level with robust strength while being moribund with cancer.

If it turns out that most or all her performances are bogus, it would not surprise, as her
husband once offered the Chopin Mazurkas by Cortot. Even at his worst (Sony master
classes), the mazurka he taught at the Ecole Normale has remaining shards of style,
phrasing, and a rhythmic lilt, none of which are found on the ‘complete’ version. Could it be
Hatto playing the Cortot Mazurkas? They are pedestrian, with evened-out beats, not a trace
of the poised profiled tone Cortot gave to a theme (his most prominent characteristic).

Very amusing.

koji

daim da zerious sdc thread :chop:

blimey, more grist for the mill here:
charm.rhul.ac.uk/content/con … cover.html

Probably only a matter of time until the Monsaingeon film… Hatto: The Stigma?

As bad as I feel for all of you who bought her CDs…

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DAYUM!

I always wondered if anyone had ever tried to do something like this.

I mostly feel for all female pianiztz though, azzuredly they are feeling deep zhame that one of their own wuz zuch a fake. Legendarily uncool. Were all the recordings released posthumously, or do you think she was a part of the deception?

edit was wrong.

Its true dat leddy peniztz dun hav ne … teztozterone! Except perhaps Martha

zhe died end of 2006, zo zhe muzt have been involved…

btw I have the Bronfman Rach 2, would be happy to upload it when I get home tonight.

haha da clazzictoday
legendarily da Grante haff a 8/8

classicstoday.com/review.asp?ReviewNum=4138

da Hatto a 10/10 8)

classicstoday.com/review.asp?ReviewNum=10551

“Godowsky-philes will want to know how Hatto’s interpretations stand out in relation to previous cycles (Hamelin’s as well as both of Carlo Grante’s).”

jahaha n tiz da FUCKIN ZAME CRITIC

AAAAHAHAHHAAHAH

1 Like

Yeah, that’s the other Grante recording. The Hatto recording was created from the earlier Grante recording on Altarus. The reviewer even mentions in that review that he prefers the earlier one.

Never mind that Hatto’s recordings were sped up - which would be enough to make me give it extra points … considering the insane difficulty of the music.

Chris, have you seen that her Vingt Regards are coming up [supposedly] as Paul Kim’s? Does this happen with your copy?