Hatto

DIZ IZ JUZT INZANE!!!

Fiorentino is real right!? da vids of him maybe a robot?

diz not juzt strange but scary :brotha:

-da Meph

Yeah, I’m really worried that Ernst is in on this and that Fiorentino’s recordings on Concert artist aren’t real either

hahahaha thiz thread mo of an inztant clazzic than tha pozt yo pic thread pozz :comme:

1 Like

That would truly be perverse if Ernst was in on it. B-C might have across as a nice guy, but Ernst has shown himself to be the real deal through his work on Fiorentino’s legacy.

nonono, ernst was not in on it. I can guarantee you that. He was just taken in by people who he thought were genuine (he actually met both hatto and BC). He is like the expert hoax hunter but just didn’t consider the possibility that these were fake. From my emails and other correspondence with him, he is a man of integrity and also extremely generous. I mean, he sent me practically all the fiorentino I have at his expense (even shipping). And he’s always been prepared to answer any questions I’ve had. Also he brought fiorentino back to the studio paying for it out of his own pocket (fiorentino didn’t ask for a fee btw). He gave the masters to APR for free and asked only that any profits be reinvested in future Fiorentino recordings. He only has doubts about one fiorentino recording on CA (can’t remember which atm) which he said lacked F’s usual idiosyncracies. In conclusion, Hatto = fake. Fiorentino = genuine. There is enough recital/live performances, not to mention videos to substantiate this.

True, I’m sure you’re right, but after what we’ve seen from this company, I’m not going to dismiss the possibilty…

well even if some of these F recordings on CA do turn out to be fraudulant, I can’t see how Ernst is implicated in any of this. Seeing as how Fiorentino recorded for CA, Saga etc many decades before he even met Mr Lumpe. In any case, if there are fake recordings in fiorentino’s CA catalogue I would trust Ernst to be able to point them out. Also it seems to have been the practice of BC to issue Fiorentino’s recordings under other people’s names (not real people just pseudonyms), not other people’s recordings under Fiorentino’s name.

True, I’m sure he has nothing to do with it… just the fact that he was so close to the people involved, I can’t help but raise an eyebrow.

yeah I can understand why you would feel that way. I just can’t bring myself to suspect Ernst of anything, although the proximate relation is unfortunate to say the least.

Tru.

Though, I imagine this whole mess could mean cheaper Fiorentino recordings for us. I imagine that Concert Artist will go bankrupt or be bought by another label. And certainly, any other label would sell their recordings for less than CA does.

Hello what’s this?

Dear Mr. Pillai,
We are “ripping off” nobody. Please advise us from whom you bought these
compact discs, the date and the price paid for them.I will authorise their
return to us and you will receive a full refund.If you wish, we will
credit your original supplier with the full amount or repay through the
banking system, preferably by PayPal.
Joyce Hatto was a great pianist and a fine musician.She certainly had no
need to take credit for other peoples work.
With kind regards,
Yours sincerely,
William
W.H.Barrington-Coupe
Concert Artist Recordings

Did you get one of these Chris? I don’t know what to make of it.

Hahaha, now he’s gonna scam you through paypal.

No, I didn’t get a reply to my 2nd mail… but I was a bit more confrontational in that 2nd msg. I told him I would be contacting certain consumer fraud investigation agencies and used all sorts of big words :slight_smile:

I understand that he can’t publicly admit anything, but why does he bother with the emails or the elaborate refund option? … Hell, I’d be halfway to Mexico by now.

hahaha he wantz to deztroy all da evidencez 8)

A sample of the Mad Hattah playing Mendelssohn-Rachmaninoff MSD was posted on RMCR:
download.yousendit.com/769359311EE36D36

It’s a really good recording, actually one of the best I’ve heard of this piece and I’ve heard quite a few.
Fiorentino could have played it like this, maybe in a recording session led by Barrington-Coupe (his name sounds like a car from the Michel Vaillant books)

btw in some places the melodic lines sound so independent like the recording is doctored Pollini-style

hahah pozzibly name ov da HATTO would be da HATTOri HanZO

Mr. Lumpe has had a pretty much impeccable reputation prior to this, and I would be utterly shocked if he’s implicated in any of this fraud.

koji

I really like this message in RMCR, posted on february 15th (one day before the hoax publications)

"Some of you are going to be looking very silly indeed over the coming
weeks. Specially Tom Deacon, although he’s not the only one. Have any
of you actually compared any of Joyce Hatto’s recordings with material
that already exists? I also wonder whether any of you are familiar
with the shadowy past of Mr Barrington-Coupe. I can only guess not.
Still, I shall watch with interest.

SL"

The username and e-mail adress of this poster appear to make a reference to Laszlo Simon, whose Transcendental Etudes were stolen and scandalized by Barrington-Coupe

Classics Today:

“After all, if these discs turn out to be fake, as seems likely, and if the same critics who praised them to the skies panned their original incarnations, then it won’t just be Hatto and her label who wind up with mud on their faces. And Gramophone has, alongside MusicWeb, been Hatto’s most ardent champion.”

Er… :rectum:

classicstoday.com/digest/pdi … fidx=29436

haha…sheeyat…

from now on, i’d rather stick mahzelf with da dong recs cuz im sho he will not lie to uz.

:dong:

ahahahahah actually i wud give a BIG GOLDEN REZPEC to any krittic who dizzed da originalz n fraizez da HATTO in cazez where zhe zpedup da rec.

tiz vil zhow once n fo all dat:

ZPEED DEFINEZ DA WINNAH :bar: