How da mofos practiced?

any of u have any idea how da greats practiced? wut were their routines, wut they did, did they focus on technical exercises, or repertoire, or did they even practice much after achieveing a certain virtuosity?

it would be interesting to know how the different practices created different technicians and musicians…wut, for example, allowed michelangeli to have perfect control, wut allowed horowitz to have his octaves, wut allowed gould to have his finger indepence, etc…

[size=200][color=cyan]PS
[/size]
:approved:

Tru it wud be

nice to noe :sunglasses:

Tech exercise repetition, read a gud book, bone sum chix :pimp:

1 Like

my teacher says rach practiced 3 hours of Hanon a day…dat tru?

1 Like

explainz hiz deep deprezzion :rocky: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I believe it.

Yeah but my teacher said Rach practised at 1/8 speed… :wim: ^ :snail:

so one hanon sheeyat several times a day = 3 hourz

wasn’t the russian method just playing scales and hanon for 4 hours a day when young so everything seems easy and cool when you are old?

I think Czerny is better. It’s at least more enjoyable to play and a lot of the figurations are similar to what you’ll encounter in Beethoven, etc.

Dis sheeyat, my teacher gave me dat da mofos at Moscow conservatory practice to strengthen da finger tech. Apparently not published in any books (???)… Da trick is to ONLY use da same fingering as you progress up keys sigs, even when starting on da black keys, always 12341,54321, and I guess dis creates some really awkward stretches for da weak fingers. And play as fast as possible…

:wim:

:zepp:

:sunglasses: