Impro audio?

It gives me something to do…

I’ve got a lot of improz from the second half of last year. As vlad spotted, they’re mostly pretty deprezzing :sunglasses:

It is an interesting challenge to retrospectively edit them, ie I have ONE take only and if there are wrong notes, try to fix them or work around them.

Might be of interest to da fatty that I’ve worked out that within Izotope I can fix most split notes by zooming in on the y (frequency) axis and applying extreme -db gain to the errant notes and their harmonics. Time consuming but time is the one thing I have atm…

Da 88 isn’t in perfect tune which is really annoying because if I’d done these improz on a concert 88 rather than one in my living room I think they’d really be something special. Then again, I don’t have limitless access to a top quality 88, or even any access right now :microbe:

Any feelings regarding this sumwut uptempo but not very cheerful audio sample? “Marche a l’enfer” :grin: It is unreverbed thus fully natural. I tried some reverb settings last night and wasn’t convinced they were an improvement.

2 Likes

Imho the audio is totally fine to issue. I can tell da 88 n room is on da small side but it’s not an unpleasant recorded tone.

Pozz diz need more reverb LUBE

1 Like

Yes need tiny tasteful reverb or it go Horowitz scrib sound even if good quality capture.

2 Likes

I’ll play around with it. The bass is a bit dead as it is but probably only so much I can do.

Low stuff ends up really weird if I over reverb (this sample has none, and it was more than enough work trying to get as much ambient noise as possible out).

I notice in some Ho recs the put a little delay in place between left and right channels It make the low end fat somehow.

1 Like

Is that not more a fake stereo creation strategy for recordings originally in mono?

1 Like

meet-the-parents-movie-quote-8-picture-quote-1

3 Likes

Tru. I think da @ElGordito thinking of da stereo Ho stuff from da 60’s n 70’s

Yeah when the thought process

This lean explosive bass that captured thousands, how do I make it sound like farts?

3 Likes

HAHAHAH

Got a new reverb plugin.

Wut do you mofoz think about this revision of the first post sample?

2 Likes

Very nice!

I can still dat diz a smallish 88 in a small space but this quite good

Is dere any way you can capture less of the hammer/string sounds in da mic setup?

1 Like

I’ve already taken the edge off some of the higher ambient mechanism derived noise. The mics are basically too close because there’s not a huge amount I can do unless I buy a mount and hang them from the ceiling. I don’t like taking too much off the very high frequencies (within the spectral editor) because I think it gets to a point where you’re negatively affecting the sonority.

1 Like

Hmmm, see if you can hang em from the ceiling! Curious is that will pick up less of the “string” sound.

1 Like

Yeah it would be worth a try. It should also give the 88 sound a bit more room to bloom.

2 Likes

I listening on my TV and is sound wikid.

3 Likes