joggin n general excerzheeyat

da robbah’s & my new month’s resolution. it’s about time da x becomes an arnold again too. :muscle:

I don’t know if there’s any hope for Rob. You’re not so bad, probably about where I was 3 years ago?

Right now I’m more than likely at beginner’s level, but I know I can get back to at least 110/90/120 pretty quickly. Something like 130/100/140 @75 would be nice next year.

My goal weight is still 85kg while maintaining as much of my muscle as I can. I’ve been distracted since I went to India. It fucked up my routine.

ran 15 k yezterday; tryin to get up to that half marathon leveli think tiz eazt zheeyat nzhud do itzoon

eventaully i wud lyk to do tha full marathon in undah 3 hrz :lib:

2 Likes

but az zumone who knowz how fazt a 4 minut k iz thiz vil be tought fo zho :dong:

Yeah. :wink:
I never was very good at this, considering how much I ran anyway, but I don’t think I ever was below 4 min/km on distances over 5 km (in hilly terrain anyway).

I’ve totally fallen out of routine since coming back from overseas. Need to start gyming again this week. I would go today, but I’m so hungover I probably won’t leave my bed.

=)
That’s one of my superpowers. I don’t get hungover.

I used to be like that when I was drinking multiple times a week, but now it’s impossible. I actually lost my voice last night, in the middle of a serious (but drunken) conversation with a mate. That usually only happens when I’m drinking Jagermeister. Apparently, I’m too old for this shit.

1 Like

Haha. The big secret behind my superpower was to always end the night binge drinking water. Plus I never got drunk on beer, wine or similar - usually high percentage stuff you don’t drink a lot of.

1 Like

Yeah, last night was entirely wine and beer, and one vodka redbull. At 40€ a bottle for the wine, I’m scared to look at my bank account this morning. Plus I woke up to a lot of half eaten Mcdonalds, which I don’t remember buying. Solid evening all things considered.

I lived in Amsterdam for 4.5 years, drank 3 - 7 nights a week, and for a year it was 6-7, and in all those years mixing all the Belgian & Dutch IPAs and visits to the whisky bar (2000+ bottles) I can count on one hand the number of times I had a hangover. For me it was the cycling which prevented it. I think having some water helped (with whisky–separately–it’s essential), but I’m sure it was the cycling home each night, about 20-40 minutes, and typically I went hard, which had me waking up without a hangover, and often on just 3-5 hours sleep. Exercise burns it out. Next time you head home from a night out, try to run it off instead of taking transport.

1 Like

Also should add that quality counts. Good real whisky & good quality beer, none of that mass produced stuff, some of which is poison.

Mmm, whisky. Except wine (with food) I’ve never cared much for these things, but since just a few years back I’ve developed a taste for whisky. Harshly my favourite blend was a limited edition which isn’t produced anymore, but as long as it’s reasonably high quality stuff I’ve liked just about everything I’ve tried in recent years (guided by my brother though, who knows more about it, and has similar taste to mine).

Yeah developed a taste for is the way it goes. I’ve had only one night of whisky drinking in the past 3 years and my desire for it has almost gone.

I suppose no one in their right mind would try to run off a night of drinking after leaving a pub. With a bicycle you don’t have a choice though. I found it worked perfectly – lots of fast no-hands cycling with erect posture. Shirt usually wet by the time I reached home. Try it if you have a bike and the chance to cycle 20+ minutes home.

Isn’t that kinda like drink driving? I’m pretty sure in Oz you can get booked for that. Here I think you’re okay, but I’ve only ridden a bike twice in the past 20 years.

1 Like

It was never a problem in Amsterdam – not for me or anyone I knew. I recall once, just before moving out, a probably drunk cyclist jumped a light and missed being clipped by a speeding taxi by centimetres. Driver was rightly furious and sped after him to confront. Otherwise – yeah there are wobbly cyclists out and about, and some more aggressive ones (me), but I’d say it’s only people who jumped lights that did dumb & drunken things.

Having derailed this into an Amsterdam drink-drive thread, I may as well continue.

One of the most fun things to do when drunk with a friend is to give him or her a ride on the back of your bike. You’re both pissed and you both trust each other and it’s not so easy to cycle (or so easy to judge how fast or slow you’re going), but you make it somehow and it’s a great time of bonding and having fun. Cycling while cycling with a spare bike in one hand is fun too.

I’m seriously regretting my life choices right now. I can’t remember the last time I was this hungover.