Lost Unpubbed Doc Vids

I was thinking there are parts of famous Hamelin vids that didn’t make final cut. Naturally they are awesome. For example

2009 Gstaad he played Paganini etudes 1,2,5,6
this from that concert

Also, I had a CBC video way back of him playing Schubert sonata and Rachmaninoff Sonata but also on that taped program was the Godo Passacaglia (which think was cut before broadcast). All lost and not on da tube…

Is anybody doing work on a doc concertography or possibly unearthing these important vids etc?

2 Likes

Da BRU ull daDOC pazzacaglia zumwut recently but I forget wher exactly :doc:

The mofo who uploaded the Gstaad video used to be a member here, and he got the vid from here. It’s been a long time since I watched it but I remember this being a weird concert where half of the video was without an audience and half with. For all Doc related stuff you should pm simonme, who doesn’t seem to post anymore here although he still visits.

1 Like

I think I had it on Chris’s server for a while, but it should still be on youtube as a non public video. I’ll check.

edit:

eccolo

4 Likes

da DOC haff played every cunc on hiz rep lizt live at leazt once

da PRICK 2 iz lizted :doc: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Nice thanks! Hope somebody takes on concertography and a ho website style rec listing one day. After been a fan for a few decades I’m still like whoa he played that shite?

Do you want me to upload the complete Gstaad vid, btw? Or do you already have it?
I can’t remember what the full programme is, but it’s starting with a Haydn sonata… and no audience.

No I remember seeing is on the tube plenty of times way back. I don’t recall they had the Liszt Pags he played in the broadcast though : ( I was curious to see what he does fingering wise with teh 2nd tude

1 Like

I ztill Kant believe if dat all pimp rectal iz gone fo good

I’m doing a Doc disco right now, albeit very slowly (I’m ~60% through). Not really a concertography though, but several hundred live recs are scattered among them so it does give you an idea of his programs. I can send when done.

1 Like

Badass!

Based on what you are putting together is doc at richter level rep range in live perfs/recs? I understand he covers lots of stuff in recs he never gets a chance to perform live… not sure how much though.

1 Like

Yes and well beyond. He’s a rep monster beyond belief. What keeps stunning me is the huge and ridiculously complex works he learns only to play them ~once~, and then drop them. Economy doesn’t seem to exist for him.

3 Likes

Daim did da DOC…randomly mizz a belt loop? :doc: :comme:

Pozz! With all due rezpek, he’s not winning any style awards. Also sitting on a stack of scores. :doc:

2 Likes

Wut a not givin a fuck mofo.

2 Likes

This crazy Hamelin fan definitely has copies of everything…

https://sites.google.com/site/madlovba3/

1 Like

Daim, we should invite him here and raid his stash

1 Like

I recognise his username from youtube. His site is not up to date though.

Neverthelethhhh

1 Like

I know Balint. You want me to invite him here?

4 Likes