#metoo

Well, like I said - I’m aware that there are people who are WAY more fucked up den da :tm:

:tmfury:

Yes there certainly are, but I mean Mephisto come on? I can only speak for myself but my opinions on #metoo are NOT because I’m a man and somehow defend this kind of behavior. What I have issues with is (well, primarily) this climate a year ago or so where people could point at someone - anyone - and say they put their hand on their ass once 8 years ago and behaved like a PIG and get a complete character assassination published in a leading newspaper. The only crimes where you hang out a person in public like that here otherwise is for murder, terrorism and so forth, and even then only after the allegations have actually been tried and they’ve been convicted by a court. The way to handle this IMO is that you first talk to this person and sharply tell them this is not ok - not just the victim, but people around him/her too - and if it continues you fix a witness, audio, video or similar and file for sexual harassment.

1 Like

ahahahahaha da MEF wyf iz a lurkah on da SDC

i undahztand :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I agree with da X.

The #metoo is the Salem Witch Trials of da 21st century.

1 Like

True lol

I agree we shouldn’t be able to point at someone and just say they are a rapist and destroy their life for nothing. I am just commenting on those who dismiss it all.

For instance, I do believe that the allegations agains Aziz Ansari are bullshit. Haven’t followed the Kavaneugh case

1 Like

ahahahah alzo

diz #metoo zheeyat

only high net-worth mofoz lyk da VOLODYA zhud be perzonally concerned :sunglasses:

average mofoz lyk da zepp juz watch da newz n enjoy zum cg :sunglasses:

Interestingly, got a sis that is high level Corp HR lady regularly sorting through legal nonsense almost always rooted in office politics. People have quietly stopped hiring women in certain types of orgs due to new exposure on this front. Not sure if that’s the progress they were shooting for…

I vote for law of the Hammurabi where baseless accusation was punished as if false accuser had committed the offense. #symmetrical risk

Can we please extend this to copyright trolls on youtube?

1 Like

You base this on what?

She spearheaded several male female headcount parity projects when consulting and working directly for major corps. 3 of the 5 she keeps tabs on pulled in last six months for of course unrelated circumstances…

She’s like a militant feminist and thinks all progress is pocket books and workplace related. Feeling based shite social football nonsense drives her up walls because it’s often counterproductive with little hard upside.

The identity of the #metoo suspects, when they are for example classical musicians, is published publicly on sites like Slipped Disc even before there is any official trial, when there are only accusations.
While the identity of “terrorists” shooting, stabbing or blowing up people is very well protected, even if it’s already pretty clear that the police caught the guy(s) who did it.

For example, last week in Holland seven guys were arrested because they were 100% sure that they were going to do a big terror attack at a public event. Can you find their names online? I can’t.

You’re not strictly comparing alike scenarios there though. Someone like Levine, or in a less clear case, Dutoit, is a household name within their sphere, whereas not only will terrorist suspects often be covered by security rulings, naming them doesn’t have the same impact as in every other sense they’re a nobody.

But you tacitly admit that in your experience of academia there are authority figures who deserve to have the shit metoo-ed out of them. Metoo isn’t black and white bad (or good, for that matter).

1 Like

I don’t quite agree festin. The principle should be the same. You have a point when it comes to famous names perhaps, but I’ve seen so many relatively unknown names, full names, that aren’t that famous at all…
The public and especially the victims have a right to know the identity of these “nobodies” too - where they lived, what their motifs are etc.

Well I’ve got to say en passant that I completely disagree with the likes of Slipped Disc outing alleged offenders before court proceedings take place. It’s tabloid lynchmob journalism. I can excuse his Levine revelations because he seems to have a lot of evidence, but in general people like Lebrecht should absolutely not be acting as judge, jury, and press release…

1 Like

All I know is that there are many teachers in academia who ARE guilty of far worse things than touching a student’s hand during an 88 lesson…
I’m not just speaking of sexual misconduct, but also - chronic lateness, gross incompetence, the illegal charging of extra cash payments from students etc…

I invite a chick to tea and risk a fuckin lawsuit!

1 Like

man Bill Burr is the best

1 Like

Not exactly topic but still applicable I think

This shits me off. I do half at least half of the stuff on the 'women’s side - it’s common sense in this day and age. And I’m sure there would be women who don’t give a shit about it like the ‘mens’ side.
Violence should not be a gender topic. Violence against men and women is wrong.