#metoo

Yes… it’s tense times. Women form militant feminist communities and start gender wars, men join far right parties and go beat up foreigners. In both cases it seems to come from fear, insecurity, inferiority complexes, and plain stupidity. Not least in this post - you’re far more likely to be a victim of violence as a man than a woman.

And, some of the Chinese chicks come here and get indoctrinated with this garbage right the fuck away!

Hell, it goes hand in hand with the teachings of the commie party anyway.

At the same time, I can think of two occasions in the past couple of months where my friends (Mses Tabasco and Heels) have felt “abandoned” by me because I left them alone in situations where it hadn’t occurred to me that they might’ve felt vulnerable. It was a bit of an eye opener. On the other hand, they don’t think about how hard it might be for a guy to get a date. :sunglasses:

Over here at least, I think these things are starting to settle down though. It was much worse 3-4 years ago. We actually had a party called Feministic Initiative then who nearly got enough votes to join parliament (4%). Their program was incredible - among the suggestions was both opening large nationwide centers to “re-school” the entire male population, and to drop the country’s defense altogether and replace it with a feministic discussion group. The idea (and I’m not making this up!) was to meet an attacking enemy with dialogue and explain to them why war was wrong. I was honestly more startled by their program than the neo-nazi’s, and both of them completely reeked with hate. In the election we had now last month however, they were hardly talked about at all.

Ideological dogma is bad. These people are loons, they would get raped before they’d had the chance to hand over their poorly xeroxed ’War is bad, okay?’ manifesto.

Incidentally, I noticed that here in France the whole spectrum is skewed to the left compared to Australia, to the point where the Centre right party would be considered left wing, and the extreme right would almost be centre right.

Yup, we have that up here too. Even the parties furthest to the right on our scale, would probably be seen as left wing stuff by an American.

Tru, I know how hard it is to find an understanding chick dat I might actually want to date…