Music festivals

R u zeriouz?

…koz if u r, Ah ain’t da leazt bit zurprized dat dat’z da truth… :woozy_face:

1 Like

diz a question of connections tru

one can get connections in various ways…

sluuuuuuuuuurp

I’m not putting on lipstick tho, I’m not sum sort of homo.

1 Like

OMG!!! FUKKKKKK Anotha EPIK Zpeed-Rape from da TM! Da extrememofo nevah even thought dat waz pozzible 2 play da TE8 zo gud at dat zpeed… How u got rejekted from da lazt comp :pensive::pensive:

Btw, huv u red mah kommentz on diz page?:

1 Like

HAHAHA DA APPROVAL!!!

Mannnn

I iz honahed!!

I vill printeth n phrame diz approval by de XTREMETH MOFO

2 Likes

So there’s another festival here in Sept, the daringly titled Dvorak Festival. And guess who’s the star? Ivo Pogorelich. haha

Johann Sebastian Bach : English Suite No. 3 in G minor, BWV 808
Ludwig van Beethoven : Piano Sonata No. 11 in B flat major, Op. 22
Fryderyk Chopin : Barcarolle in F sharp major, op. 60
Fryderyk Chopin : Prélude in C sharp minor, Op. 45
Maurice Ravel : Gaspard de la Nuit –

also Boris Giltburg will play a couple days before

Franz Liszt : Transcendental Études, S. 139
Sergej Rachmaninov : 13 Preludes, Op. 32

5 Likes

Seeing that program I so wish it was 1987 again.

You’re going?

Yeah I’ll go, I still haven’t been to the Rudolfinum. Last year I missed Demidenko by an hour or so. Probably will skip Giltburg though, I can’t say I’m interested.

2 Likes

oh my god it’s almost entirely sold out already. Fuck. Like 7 seats left then a bunch in the balcony. Nothing keyboard side either. Tickets 690-790kc = 30 euros.

Welcome to the world of piano.

15 years ago as a poor student I could often buy the cheapest ticket in the house, and then take a seat somewhere at parquet since at least front right nearly always had many unoccupied seats. That stopped working around 2006, and today the only way I can be sure to get good seats is to book the moment tickets are released. Not the day - the moment.

2 Likes

Even Amsterdam wasn’t this bad. It’s because there’s a piss poor selection here in Prague. Pogorelich, Giltburg, a Brit named James Lisney, and a Tchai PC w/ Gerstein. That’s it. How can a central European capital have such a shit program? This city is overrun by yanks & Russians yet they can’t even get half a dozen pianists to show up.

1 Like

Why don’t you apply for a job at the Rudolfinum? Any job - if you start as janitor you’ll get to know people and it could very well lead to a more interesting job offer internally before long.

1 Like

haha fuck dis Andrei Platonov manifestation. Some of the best people I’ve ever met have worked slum jobs. I don’t have any ambition so would just stay as janitor.

No disrespect meant towards janitors, but the reason I keep suggesting this to you is that you have skills few people do. They’re valuable to people in the industry, and wouldn’t it be more fun for your own sake to work with something within music than to fix broken door knobs?

1 Like

Vlad, what do u do for a living?

He’s senior strategic officer at Google’s Czech division for ads, cookies & world domination.

1 Like

Right now I teach English in Czechia’s presidential village. It sounds semi-posh but the truth is that the alcoholic president just spends half his time here, in the chateau, so property prices are high and it’s an unusual village of rich folk, and they all want English. This country’s schools put English high up, seemingly just beneath math & Czech.

3 Likes

What he’s saying is that he’s Trump’s envoy for the proliferation of the Main Aryan Language in Nations with Mostly Horrible People.

da Tony is also working to get his first Spiderman movie made in Hollywood. :+1:

2 Likes

Interesting!

Todays Verbier broadcast was big surprise for me. :astonished:
14 yo Yoav Levanon (never heard before) delivered an amazing performance. Just listen to his jazzy encore at the end and you know what I mean!

(Concert Yoav Levanon plays Chopin, Medtner and Rachmaninov - medici.tv)

5 Likes