Part of Spanish Rhapsody unleashed!

Good Lord, those jumps… haven’t made any real progress on this in the past few weeks since I started a new job and have also been feeling a little unmotivated. At this point, I have no idea how to make it sound any cleaner. It’s been fun, but frustrating.

7 Likes

No need to make it sound any cleaner. Now’s the time to make it sound exciting!

Thanks for sharing! I haven’t played anything at all this month either, the summer evenings I have by myself I’d rather spend outdoors.

1 Like

Rezpek!!!

Man, diz randomly a LEGIT unleash

Fo da jumps, da TM suggest to feel da keyboard wiz yo palm, juz gliding along dat lubed up beeyatch and gauging distances wiz looking

Also, reserve yo attention fo da UPPER note ov da leap

I would prax dat spot, each leap individually, up to da high note very quickly, den chill down, den again

Also, coordinate da LH in dat spot first n gey it down COLD, den add in da RH mofo

2 Likes

I find it a little unnerving to make my playing exciting. I have a conception of the piece in my head that has more interesting dynamics, dramatic pauses and so on, but when I sit down to play I find myself being overly cautious and those ideas don’t come through unless I am feeling technically secure.

1 Like

It will get there, mofo. One day at a time

Damn, fuck da 21st century
Da DIGI may be convenient but it IS impeding yo progress.

1 Like

Tru, I’m shocked that so many here play on Digital pianos. Surely it must be difficult to transition back to a real piano.

That’s why I love my heavy action Yamaha. Everything is easy after practicing on that bitch.

BTW, listen to Barere for inspiration. Nobody plays more exciting than he does.

2 Likes

What kind of Yamaha you got?

Randomly, da concert grands all got a rather light and responsive action. Not as light as a NY Steinway accelerated action and actually more comfortable to play. Smooth.

Tru, I remember hearing that c 2007 for the first time and going like “WTF hu is diz legend”

Would have been fun to hear Rach’s no-nonsense version of it tho

I have a really small one - It’s like 5’3" and for some reason the action is very stiff. I’ve gotten used to it over the years, but it was not fun at first.

What you guys think as far as grand vs upright for acousdick? Is the escapement diff a huge deal for amateur noodling if you want to unleash eventually?

A good Yamaha upright has pretty damn good repeated notes

It is perfectly fine to work on any rep on an upright actually

Da Digi fo pro prax is not good, but I use ma digi fo late nite compo n LUV it