Perzonal 88 Goalz

tru REZPEC diz CAPCUNT inzpiration :sunglasses:

RH: 24 12345 12345 123
LH: 21 54321 54321 321

@da_zepp

1 Like

HAHAHAHA LEGENDARY ZMOOTHNEZZ :sunglasses:

hahaha keep in mind da WOLFCHICK invented her fingahring on da zpot to fit da hall acouztic :wolf::woman:

2 Likes

Haha da only da Brahms n Beethoven can make a basic arp diz unpenizdick :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Her moosikalitƩ though

:lib:

Itā€™s revealing to listen to her side by side next to a prime era whale

Update on deze mofoz?

@Dr.TM when do u think u vil play da cumplete TEz?

@festinfurious wutz da moz ambitiouz piece u plan to learn in da future? ezpecially wiz yo nu 88 az inzpiration

Haha, Iā€™ve gone into a bit of a sulk ovah rep, wut with da :microbe: n ma summah rectal being cancelled, so jus bazically all out impro atm. Iā€™m fixating ovah da fact my 88 iz a bit out of tune, and Iā€™m trying to work out whethah I ordah sum sheeyat on amazon and do it myzelf, or if Iā€™m allowed to call a tunah.

When da time cums fo rep, think da :zif: blue danube requires a bit of a look.

2 Likes

I am in da unfortunate/fortunate pozition ov bein a late ztartah on da 88 n neva had da ambition to have a big rep

diz meanz I haf learned little zectionz here n dere and find dat iz actually da optimal approach to bolzter improvizational vocabulary

alzo readin thro thalberg n Pimp operatic parazheeyatz givez many great ideaz for adding nu techz n texturez to improvz. I think if any workz are a ā€˜zchool ov clazzical piano improvā€™ itz dat kind ov piece

1 Like

Yeah, I think theyā€™re every bit as much a book of tech vocab as da TEz.

1 Like

Tru actually morezo becuz da muzical material ov da TEz iz ingrained in da techz whereaz da parazheeyatz are bazed upon melodic themez which lend demzelvez to penizdick variation

alzo tiz almoz impozzible to truly ā€˜improvizeā€™ both handz, in reality mozt ov da tym u improvize da melody in one hand n da otha hand followz an ā€˜autopilotā€™ ov pre-practiced figurationz dat fit da harmonic undah/overpinningz ov da material.

Iā€™m zhor da :kat: doez da zame

1 Like

Da lattah azpect tru up to a point, but not if you impro baroque muzic.

Tbh I think da :kat:'z improz are very limited (not in a tech sense, obv).

2 Likes

Do u haf any dizciplined ā€˜practiceā€™ approach to improv or juz go wit da flow?

I try to take a nu tech/texture n apply it to a nu melody/progrezzion n alternate handz, zeemz to be da moz efficient way to develop da zkillzet. den afta dat I juz freeztyle once it becummah 2nd nature

in da past year Ive worked my way up from practising 30 min a few days a week to an 1h15 six days a week. Very happy wit dis commitment :slight_smile: Tru the real difference maker was getting a good teacher, keeps me motivated and on da right track

1 Like

Rezpec! wutz yo biggezt goal piece u intend to maztah?

well I juz finished learning my first Chopin (25/1) and Scrib (2/1) etudes and a couple Rach preludes (23/4, 32/10), my big project this year will be Zcrib Zon 3ā€¦and ultimately long term goal I want to learn a big fatty Prokofiev sonata (6,7, or 8).

2 Likes

In free impro I normally try to do a combo, ie I will have simple motific elements which Iā€™ll use in order to retain some structural coherence, generally by mutating them or repeatedly bringing them back. The structure is being defined on the hoof though, Iā€™m very much listening to what Iā€™m doing as it occurs and Iā€™m trying to weigh up dramatic affect as well as structural integrity. Iā€™ll also be using key change / modulation as an indicator of structure, basically Iā€™m composing in real time. It doesnā€™t always work, and thereā€™s always the problem of falling into ā€œcomfortableā€, clichĆ©d figuration, but sometimes I think I get something both fully coherent and musically worthwhile at the end of the process.

Case in point (and yeah, deffo sum pimp alluzionz in dis - maybe also a Franck one to begin with!) but objectively think this is a legit musical creation and Iā€™m quite pleased with it (gonna try to edit the audio to fix the treble and the weird clicks which I donā€™t know the origin of :frowning:)

2 Likes

Ahahahahah :whale:

4 Likes