Prime :doc: or prime KAT? :kat:

Hu haff da biggah :dong:?

Peniztically, of courze.

• PRIME DOC
  • PRIME KAT

0 voters

Dizcuzz furiouzly diz bordahline 88zt topiq created undah da dizguize of sdc format.

3 Likes

Rezpec diz unintended pozt :yum:

1 Like

We need an emoji fo da KAT Kat

3 Likes

20190731_191757

3 Likes

:cat:

I wundah if da UNINTENDED mofo hacked da FESTIN accunt

5 Likes

Gonna ztart threadz on da CZERNAH and hardezt pimpetz now :stuck_out_tongue:

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK diz poll

I voted PRIME DOC becuz I feel hiz PEAK TECH wuz a tiny bit mo inzane BUT da KAT peak tech lazted way longah n da KAT contemporary tech mo inzane den da DOC dezpite bein a decade oldah :whale:

Prime kat

:doc:

AHAHAHA

da central politibureau hereby decree:

da SDC two party zyztem zhall be divided along da :dog: :cat: lyn

Vote now to obtain lyf-long membahzhip :sunglasses:

5 Likes

to control da fingah da prime :doc: brain wuz hugeah n cud procezz mo inzane modern denze polyzheeyatz :brain::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::sunglasses:

da KAT haff a 19th century brain n iz happy with it :pimp: :sunglasses:

but da :doc: brain decayed back to da 18th century n can now only procezz lovely melody :zherbert: :sunglasses:

5 Likes

:slight_smile:

Both are unbelievable tech monsters, but for my part I can’t think of anything which would tip this in Katsaris’ favour. He has the LvB symphonies of course which have passages which are genuinely hideous, but the worst of them (9) he never played live, and in performance you can hear him struggle when things get tough. I have never heard Hamelin struggle, and he’s played just about every absurdly difficult piece in the repertoire. It’s also not just speed, clarity and so forth - even the most unplayable passages are done with such ease, command and evenness that his tech almost begins to work against him as a pianist. You never get that feeling of excitement and daring when everything is so thoroughly conquered pianistically. As for individual feats his Alkan Op.76#3 and several of the Chop/Gods are taken at a tempo which is well beyond what I would have thought was humanely possible if it hadn’t been for his performances - and even at those tempos there’s not a chink in the armor, not a seam in the fabric.

I’m randomly also not so sure he has declined much. Try his recent Herz vars for instance. Sure, maybe not the same technical obstacle as the Busoni concerto, but just listen to the ease he handles the not-insignificant difficulties that are there. Excepting Ben G perhaps I honestly don’t know who else today would have been able to play them like that.

2 Likes

Ahahahah while da zepp alzo voted DOC, dat iz a bit of an exaggerazheeyat

Try da coldfart demo at 2’09 here:

How many chinkz do u c dere

In da armah? :sunglasses:

Da kat way better spaz mode but all around doc has one on him in non spaz playing for control over body and sort of “applied” technique. I voted kat because I couldn’t imagine doc rocking a FF or Erlkonig anywhere near Kat level because he works perfectly within capabilities of his body and doesn’t push through them kinda as a way of being.

3 Likes

The correct answer is prime John Ogdon.

3 Likes

Now split 50/50

Awaiting da @zkeptopotamuz tie-breaking vote

I heard da Kat and da Doc live. Da quality of da Kat tone production jus blows da :doc: mumbling professah azz out of da watah

Dat said, I have heard a Kat perf (live in person) where he was really having an off day.
I also dun care fo his unnecessary additions to Liszt’s piece, making them cross right ovah into da “vulgar” category - like da Czardas Obstinee

I would say KAT. Fo moi, da most important quality in a penist IS tone production above all.

3 Likes

Kat. Have you heard his voicing?

1 Like

Ahahahah

da clarity cummah:

tech_functionz

7 Likes