Rach Prel 23/5 Tempo, :rocky: Metronome marking

Truuu

hahhahahahaha wikid

alzo @ 1’04 tha perzpectiv make it look lyk ther iz pozzibly tha biggezt bozendorfah evah made in tha background :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Dere ya go, pretty much all da essential hiztorical recs

Rachmaninoff: Prelude in G minor, Op. 23, No. 5 - a Survey of Historical Recordings

3 Likes

Great work! Fuck tiz hard to get it into non-BZ zpeed…

1 Like

Sir Aliastaire XII, curator of the underappreciated Méreaux Archive Inc Ltd Com, founded for the fortune making from unplayable scores, imprisoning of obscure recordings, creation of pretty websites, and the proliferation of grandiloquent means of general expression, respectfully wishes to inform da Trumofo concerning the accuracy, and completeness, of the video in the above quoted post (to the degree such a video can be complete, although, it certainly lies within the specified target, when such an aim has been articulated, to strive towards that goal) that the recording by the great Russian pianist Yakov Flier is in fact not unpublished, but was designated the catalogue number 4240 in the former Soviet Union, and was pressed as such by at least the since disassembled Aprelevsky Zavod plant; and furthermore that, regarding the completeness of recordings made by historically significant musicians, as they may (or may not), occasionally, have been viewed (in what capacity they should be viewed, as opposed to, much rather, or usually, be heard), approved takes from Misha Levitzki for Gramophone in 1929, Eileen Joyce for Parlophone in 1934, Moura Lympany for Decca in 1941, Geza Anda for EMI in 1954, Stanislav Neuhaus for the USSR plants in 1955, and lastly, Shura Cherkassky for HMV in 1958, do in fact appear to be absent from said post - if absent is indeed an appropriate word to use in the present context when completeness is, by the very nature of the topic, unachievable.

The undersigned would also wish to suggest to the honorable Trumofo that recordings of a slightly later vintage (but still certainly historical from the modern frame of reference), could be warranted to include in such a compilation; especially considering the preposterous anomaly of a 1980 recording by Vladimir Horowitz which has been appended. Such musicians could for example be Lazar Berman, Van Cliburn, Sergio Fiorentino, Alexis Weissenberg, and Vladimir Ashkenazy.

Sincerely,

:mage:

9 Likes
TL;DR

What Aliastaire is trying to say is that

1. Flier isn’t unpublished
  2. No Levitzki, Joyce, Lympany, Anda, Neuhaus or Cherkassky?
  3. Many pianists associated with the piece recorded it in the stereo LP era
5 Likes

Hmm I wuz not aware of the Levitzky rec

There’s no need to include EVERY historical recording made of the work of course, I just took hold of that “all essential” part since there are a few more prominent mofos who recorded it.

The Levitzki is on Naxos, but I bet you have those CDs already?

1 Like

Add more parenthetical clauses (nested ones may, or possibly may not, as the case might (or indeed, might not) be, facilitate the propagation of the desired impression), and that might surely pass for the esteemed curator of da ZNORABJI archive. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Sir A’s mutant ability is definitely verbosity.

5 Likes

Yeah, I got the Levitzky dizc, don’t remember hearing it tho

Pleonastic bloviation, please. Let’s keep it in ztylee :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I really don’t mind him, but if you’ve read one post by him you’ll remember it for the rest of your life. I wonder what he’s like if you bump in to him on the commute.

I have a distinct recollection that he wrote a c. 80k words post on copyright law on pianophilia.

For it or against it?

Right :scroll:

Dumb question.

If brevity iz da zoul ov wit…:sunglasses:

2 Likes

:sunglasses:

Not enough hiss and too much fidelity reveal sheeyat playing

@Dr.TM also, diz tremendouzly important speed record was missing in yo collection (duration: just 3 minutes):