Tchaik Comp 2019 live

I think pianists like Melnikov and Kantorow are already quite established. Why they still considering attend the competition? If they did not make into the final round it would be kind awkward for them…

@Dr.TM should be on diz comp. Hiz firzt round reo wood demolizh anything I heard today. Added pozitive iz I wouldn’t have to hear goddamn alpazzionata o da campy again

Nigga 111
:chop: 25/11
:pimp: TE8
Zcrib 65/3
Random bAch

It’s not just the face, he hardly moved at all! The funniest thing I thought was that he was the only one of these day 1 pianists who had a full sound and a meaty forte, but if you watch him it’s as if Kalkbrenner taught him how to play. Wrists, ~elbow~ at most.

I sure wonder what his sound was like out in the hall with that tech. Sound production is hard to accurately assess from any recording made up close, but as usual I thought this was poorer than it needed to be (Medici are always about hiding the mics from the camera, and as such their main pair is at the piano’s secondary HF maxima instead of the primary).

3 Likes

Age showing itself in this competition. Gugnin here at 32 is the first one to walk on to stage without playing like a genetically modified biorobot (and I thought Yasinsky at 30 did it best yesterday too).

Don’t know about the playing here though. More mature, more humane, but… :face_with_monocle: :mag_right: ¯_(ツ)_/¯

It’s a rather different competition today than yesterday. I’ve heard bits and pieces from all three contestants since lunch (Gugnin, Gadjiev, Melnikov), and they’ve all been very good but also rather unremarkable. I don’t rate either particularly highly, but I have to say it’s good to get a break from the cockfight of yesterday. These are people, who play like people.

I could not apply to diz comp becuz ma motha worked fo Geyrgiev b4 we betrayed da mothaland n went to da USA.
Zero chance, mofo. At best, I’d pass da prescreen so dat dey cud put me in da army where I’d get slammed by hairy russian dongs every day.

1 Like

Da YASHK cummah up next!
Will have a live MAZEPPA unleazh

Gadjiev did it earlier today as well, maybe the best part of his program.

Is it me or do some of these pianists sound like midi? I wonder if that’s “piano-cump-ztyle”.

2 Likes

TM’s old nemesis on now :slight_smile:

I missed the previous guy, but Yashkin plays well. This is better than anything we got from the first three today IMO.

2 Likes

This is the better pianist, but I’d give today’s Mazeppa to Gadjiev actually. Yashkin’s playing is remarkably detailed and controlled, and he has something slightly demonic over him which prevents it from being ordinary, but everything is also very conceived with him - I think he lacks the abandon and naturalness to make these pieces work.

I also can’t get over the size of his hands, it looks like his natural hand position is over an entire octave!

DAYUM

Did da YAZH grow anothah 3 inchez since da PIMP CUMP? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Daim, da YASHK gonna battle out da SHISHK in da finalz

Hehe - yeah I think that’s quite likely too, especially since they’re admitting 6 finalists, but I almost hope more people come along and knock them down since I honestly don’t care much for either myself. And if I had to choose between them I’d take the shish kebab, who is the more exciting pianist.

I can see why you like Yashkin though, he’s not entirely unlike the young Trif in style.

1 Like

Yes and he’d better stop doing that soon or he won’t fit at the piano anymore!

hahahaa any CANADAINZ doing anyzheeyat of note zo far? :rectum:

2 Likes

There was one yesterday I think. I just rushed past him really, but what I heard wasn’t particularly noteworthy.

@Rob

1 Like

hhahaha letz c

da KOPA mofo
boring :rocky:
zmooth FATET :pimp:

1 Like