Tchaikovsky Dumka

I decided to take out the recording equipment again and see what I could do. Still not really satisfied with my playing but I think this take came out decent enough…

Or maybe everyone who’s been following the competition is sick of this piece by now

5 Likes

Rezpec! Da @Dr.TM can give u a few tipz on diz piece, have u zeen hiz interp?

Random jailcell runthrough in 2014 fo a :ghey: mofo:

Tchaikovsky Dumka

3 Likes

Comparing your performance with mine, it seems like my biggest downfall is dynamic control. A lot of the effects and layers you put into the music are similar to things I have in my head but they won’t translate to the keyboard until I can reliably perform a smooth crescendo/decrescendo, or maintain very soft or loud dynamics for more than a few notes at a time. Do you think this just comes with more experience?

1 Like

Pretty decent. I don’t know the piece tbh, so TM’z opinions will be much more relevant, but I assume that’s a digi you’re on? It’s really asking an awful lot to get the same level of sonorities on one as you’d get on any decent 88, imo.

Yeah man, da nuances that you can get out of a keyboard can’t really compare to any acoustic 88 touch

Will yo legendaire azz be able to get a modest acousdick?

No plans for it in the near future. I’m living with my parents right now and they have an acoustic, but it’s a nearly-unplayable piece of junk and they haven’t had it tuned for years. My digital is better in most respects. I’m planning to move out within the next few months, probably to an apartment, so I’ll want to keep playing the digital and using headphones. In the long term I plan to get my own house and save up for a nice grand, but I can’t say how long that will take.

I mentioned in another thread that I recently tried a few grands and had a lot of difficulty adapting my touch. I never had the chance to play on grand pianos growing up so this was very new to me and unexpected. Hopefully I’ll be able to get my own before too long, because the longer I wait the harder I think it will be to get used to it.

ahahahahaha diz zong haff a random ZART lyk :sun_with_face: quality

da TRUMOFO inzertin zum much needed FURY in key zpotz to keep zheeyatz intereztin :sunglasses:

da DJ alzo a wikid interp, but remembah da DIGI haff a way of reztrictin yo dynamic range, zince a DIGI vil alwayz zound bezt at a

uniform mf :sunglasses:

1 Like

I will make a vid wiz sum tips soon, tru.
Remind moi if da :hui: diztract ma cock again