• Foreign Correspondent
  • North by Northwest
  • Saboteur
  • Strangers on a train
  • To Catch a Thief
  • The Man who knew too much
  • The Birds

you mind ULing all those? :dong:

I’ve only seen half of those. I’m surprised that you rate Dial M for Murder higher than North by Northwest and To Catch a Thief, I didn’t like that one.

I think I’ve only seen “da birdz”

I’m a sucker for Grace Kelly. Admittedly, I’ve only seen it once about 10 years ago. I liked it a lot, but I’m sure it would appeal to me less now.

Of Charade or NBNW?
Can’t actually remember NBNW too well.

NBNW. There’s a matchcut which is a gigantic cheat.

I haven’t watched much (enough) Hitchcock. I think the last one I saw was Rope, partly influenced by Dostoevsky. It was recommended to me because Hitchcock gave it the impression of being filmed in one continuous shot (I was really into Russian Ark back then).

I like her in RW and TCAT better. The problem I have with Dial M is that the ending is too neat (best way I can describe what I mean without spoilers).

Series currently watching: Bottom - Rik Mayall comedy : )
Last move saw in theater: Rampage : (

Ah Rik Mayall. The first thing I saw him in was Drop Dead Fred when I was a little kid. I love his appearances in Blackadder too. Need to watch the Young Ones.

Please do discuss spoileresque material, but please do so like this:

Spoiler

Eeyore abducted Smurfette :scream:

(mark the text -> Options cogwheel up to the right -> Hide Details)

haha

dayum

dis secret tranny text

a bit

• sheeyat
  • ok

0 voters

Well in the past few days, two well-known directors have died – Bertolucci today and Nicolas Roeg a few days ago. I’ve only seen Roeg’s Don’t Look Now, a kind of suspense / horror film which I didn’t really like. Bertolucci however made some great work in his early days. The Conformist is a masterpiece, one of those timeless films which is as much an artwork as a film. And the film right after that, which I think is still unavailable – The Spider’s Strategem – is magnificent too. I’ve always felt Last Tango in Paris is a bit sheeyat.

Oh shit Bertolucci died! I think he’s overrated but I actually think last tango is wikid even if he caused Maria Schneider some serious damage. I like the Dreamers for Eva Green’s amazing rack. La commare secca was the first Bertolucci I watched. It’s practically the same story as Kurasawa’s Rashomon, but I like Bertolucci’s setting better (not usually a fan of the samurai stuff), although Rashomon is probably better overall.

I know we’ve got another thread for series but since I’m already here, I watched season 1 and the first episode of season 2 of Westworld on the flight back to Oz. I think it’s worth watching once, even though it’s got a GoT problem in that there are probably too many characters and storylines. The twists are also pretty predictable for the most part. I actually never saw the original movie. Randomly Evan Rachel Wood is really good in it, and beautiful. I don’t usually like blondes but she’s got that rancher’s daughter thing going on. I remember seeing her in ”13” many years ago (a film I didn’t like). I don’t think I’d seen her in anything since.

You’ve seen exactly what I’ve seen of Westworld! I liked S1 and meant to watch S2, but I lost interest immediately after the first episode. I thought it felt like what they were setting up was just the same thing all over again.

This one feels like it have actual stakes for the guests. But I find a hosts v guests scenario less interesting than the plot teists they had in the first season.

You should really watch The Conformist if you haven’t seen it (I don’t remember if we talked about this). It put Bertolucci on the map and it’s incredibly beautiful and fun to watch.

some reporter already got fired for making a rape joke about last tango in Paris lol