The DASDC Rosetta Stone

Richard Kastle

:dong: :dong:

2 Likes

Mein Gott

Yes that’s him. I suppose his nick was just da KASTLE?

tru :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hahaha listen to the interviewer during this one

:man_supervillain:: all the PIANISTS before me couldn’t play this passage
:bearded_person:: mhm :roll_eyes:
:man_supervillain:: so they basically dropped 40 or FIFTY notes in concert
:bearded_person:: yeah? :roll_eyes:
:man_supervillain:: and simplified so they moved the hands together
:bearded_person:: oh really :roll_eyes:

:dong:

3 Likes

ahaha REZPEC!!

da zepp did a re-edit to try n make it mo dicktionary lyk

but tru tiz very hard to fully explain da CORE SDC CUNTCEPT of FURY in one fuckin lyn of text :sunglasses:

I think you nailed it 10 posts up sir zepp

1 Like

Hahahaha thanks for posting this Mikhail. This is the greatest interview I’ve ever seen with a pianist!

1 Like

:man_supervillain:: …and then there’s a Canadian, a minor label guy called Marc Hamlin, HE uses the same scam as Rockmoninoff…

:whale: :joy:

1 Like

This was some funny shit

ahahahahah da KAZTLE wuz a tru legend back in da day

i remembah diz mofo invadin da 88ztreet n 88forum wiz hiz ‘gensui’ n raizin up a TRU FUCKIN FURAH :sunglasses:

hypothedickly i alwayz envizioned da KAZTLE ZAGA endin in no otha way den fo him to DUEL da DOC on da hungrappah 2 final octz

n lozin

wiz pride

lyk da ROCKY :sunglasses: :fist_left:

3 Likes

Fuckkkkkkk

And den da Audience vote cummah n castle wins

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Quotefancy-1739111-3840x2160

Repec da Hitch

1 Like

How controlled was this fury?

:tmfury:

He aimed fo da ztool

He hit da ztool

I’d zay twuz controlled :sunglasses::fire::gav:

1 Like

Hahahaha I’m still chuckling over this. He just lines up legendary CG by the sentence! Another favourite was how Lang Lang steals all the thunder from him by playing La Campanella - the second most difficult piece in the history of the PIANO - in a children’s version by Busoni with all the difficulties taken out.

His whole pitch is just fantastic too. Why would anyone in their right mind single out the final page of HR2 as the most difficult section in the most DIFFICULT piece ever written for the piano simply because the writing isn’t linear? And he believes it too! He even has a detailed analysis of it on his website with all tricks and simplifications pianists do to make the dreaded page playable.

Oh lord :joy: This made my day yesterday

3 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

that was GOLD

wait, he actually believes this shit or he is laughing all da way to da bank?

if he believes dis shit, tiz tragic.
or CG

1 Like

very.
I even cleaned up wiz a napkin immediately aftah spitting on da floor.

1 Like

Not sure how many here have played it, but is the Busoni campy really that much easier than the Liszt version?

I’m gathering he probably just heard the first 8 bars which are like the original liszt version - straight octaves without the jumps. Hence the ‘children’s version’.