Travel there or die trying

Rezpec! Where’s that?

Little village called Llangrannog, right out on the very western edge of Wales. Gets very busy in tourist season, but this time of year it’s pretty much perfect.

It looks awesome, nestled in a little valley there.

What percentage of tourists pronounce the village name accurately though? :sunglasses:

Oh, that’s a sore point! So many local places and features have unpronounceable names that visitors usually rename them (“frog rock” etc.), and it REALLY pisses off the local Welsh-speakers (I’m not one) :sunglasses:

Mind you, we’re 45 minutes from any reasonable town, an hour from the end of the M4, 2.5hrs from Cardiff, and about 5 hours from London, so not exactly convenient for, like, anything really :dong:

Hahah da ROB Japanese heritage. Never actually been there?

Convenience<Seclusion pozzibly :sunglasses:

I definitely vote for convenience, but Welsh seclusion cannot be compared to Australian or (even worse) New Zeppland isolation. You really do feel cut off from the rest of the world in the Antipodes. No wonder so many of us move overseas.

Tru dat, Brew!

I like the seclusion more than I like easy access to department stores, my wife, not so much…

1 Like

I think the ideal place to live would be a place that feels quiet, clean air, good places to walk in nature… But within relatively easy reach to a city.

Where I live is pretty quiet and it’s 30 miles from a city, so it’s a good balance.

The only problems I see with Northern England are the atrocious accents (no offence) and unfortunate fondness for rugby league.

1 Like

Completely agree. I have nature 1 minute away, town 5 minutes away, and the capital 30 minutes away. Perfect.

1 Like

I love da NYC…

That looks like really beautiful areas comme n Harrison

I agree with u mofoz about kind of balancing convenience wiz scenery…I love da area I live now, tho tru tiz a bit cuntry and hickish, not to mention da hippiez. But I iz right in da middle of only an hour from a city (sacramento) and an hour from lake Tahoe.

1 Like

Harsh :sunglasses:

Every time I watch Home & Away or Neighbours I admire the fact the average Aussie chick seems to be double the hotness of the average Brit chick :sunglasses:
Compare to Brit soaps and you’ll see what I mean.

Could be, especially compared to girls from the North. However, I’m not so interested in the anglo-saxon look. These past few years I’ve been super into the more Mediterranean look, particularly Italian girls.

This was taken in da Meph’s hometown. I’ve never seen anything like this.

The annoying thing with the northern lights is that you always hear about them AFTERWARDS.

Like a few nights ago. :rectum:

It is something quite special to just look up and stumble upon them however, but it happens once in 5 years at best.

Do they occur more up north than in your part of the world? A friend went to Lapland for only a few days last winter and managed to see them several times.

Yes, definitely. Only a fraction stretch all the way down here. We do have northern lights about once per week here nonetheless - apparently - but there are so many factors which have to be right to see them. Clear skies, occurrence at night but while you’re awake (==winters, when clear skies are scarce), plus you have to be in an area with little light pollution and simply be outside with a clear view north when it happens. I hear about them 5-6 times per year perhaps, but I have only actually seen 3-4 myself.

2 Likes

Daim respect da Vlad’s hit & run attack with this thread. Where do you want to go Tony?

1 Like