Where do you buy your music from?

There’s a sale on currently at Qobuz with heaps of titles 50-80% off.
Not sure if people based outside of Europe can use the site, however.
Lots of naive classique stuff on sale if anyone has any recommendations?
It’s apparently for another 48hrs which is good because my French account is temporarily overdrawn. :dong:

Do they provide booklets with their downloads?

Nevermind, N/A here. :cry:

If there’s a few items you’d like me to pick up, let me know and I’ll grab em.
Unless you can’t actually see th site?
Also in my experience you sometimes get the sleeve notes and you sometimes don’t.

No it’s ok. I was thinking of a few things, but I’ll get them from somewhere else later down the road.

qobuz.com/fr-fr/album/brahms … 0004972111

I’m going to get this.
Just need to wait until my money comes through.
Also have to book tickets for ballet.

Save your money. I’ll post it.

Haha you have everything. :slight_smile:
Rezpec!

Chris is a bit of a fuckin legenda.

https://www.idagio.com/

Any of you mofos use or have even heard of this classical streaming service? Wondering how it compares to Spotify (or Qobuz, which I don’t have). I can’t even remember how much I pay for Spotify…

1 Like

Damn, that looks promising. Spotify is great, but finding what you want can be difficult. I may have to try it out.

Yeah the labelling is whack. Even after I’ve downloaded something it’s hard to find.

Sucks that the price is the same as Spotify for what is essentially a very small portion of Spotify’s catalogue. The classical-specific features had better be very good to be worth the money.

And it would be nice if they could get some stuff that Spotify doesn’t have, such as Hyperion, MDG, Testament, out of print recordings and vinyl, etc.

Hyperion are the strictest mofos out there.

And I suppose you can’t blame them being careful because of that fucked up legal shit that went down a while back.

Yes, I can’t afford both. After a quick look, it seems better organised. For example I can search by pianist, then they have it sorted by composer or by piece. So I can see 10 different Beethoven 4s by Backhaus, or 9 Beethoven 3s by Gilels. Although it looks like the same performances in different reissues, at least for the Gilels.

Here’s a review I found, but haven’t read yet.

haff someone tried diz spotify skin for clazz music ?
https://getconcertmaster.com/

Nope, but since it’s free I might give it a go.

If someone wants to try Idagio, I think this link gives you a 3 month free trial instead of the usual 14 days : Try IDAGIO for free | Verbier offer (or at least it used to give you 3 months when I registered).

In terms of classical content, the catalogue still seems to be somewhat smaller than Spotify’s. But I haven’t really tried to compare carefully. The navigation does appear to be a lot easier.

1 Like

Thanks! The link was still good, so I’ve signed up for a three month trial. I’ll report back once I’ve had a chance to explore it a bit. A priori, if the only benefit is the ease of navigation, and the skin da MART linked above allows Spotify to do the same, then Idagio might not be worthwhile. We’ll see.