Ziff 2009 concert

I wish I had scans of the Op. 5, unfortunately I had to copy them from someone’s collection, sorry. For some reason, it’s an extremely difficult score to get a hold of.

hahahahaahahh thiz FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

zo tru how did thiz legendary event end up goin down? i predickt genzui :wood:

ahahah n tru zo tha prezzin queztion iz how long iz tha wait til zum zheeyatz git poztd? :gav: 8)

much rezpc :wood:

It was a great event, unfortunately, not very-well attended. As soon as I get the dvd’s, we’ll start posting up some stuff. Mei-ting’s Firebird transcription, as expected was utterly insane and awesome. Claire played the hell out of the Tchaik-Pletnev.

lol dude, i see MT’s daily grievance about the firebird on FB, and i expected nothing less than epic from him.

We were both suffering from numb index fingers and thrashed thumbs thanks to our craziness.

Would just like to ask…

What is your philosophy when transcribing stuff? What general approach do you take - faithfulness to original, avenues for pianism, etc.?

I wish I could take credit for the phrase, “Transcriptions are like women–the beautiful ones are rarely faithful, and the faithful ones are rarely beautiful.”
I usually take it on a piece-by-piece basis, though. Some of the transcriptions I do are quite chaste, whereas with other ones are elaborated upon and “pianofied”, if you will, in order to fully realize them on the keyboard.

Oh yeah, and octaves…lots and lots of octaves. :pimp:

do you ever do any reharmonisation ?

hey Koji, the Matthew Cameron on the channel, is he the one who transcribed the Mozart Eine Klein Nacht Musik for da Kat?

On occasion, particularly in the Tchaikovsky in some of the more static spots, which sound awesome, of course in the orchestral version, but perhaps aren’t as effective on piano.

Yep; I like his Hunnenschlacht a great deal, too.

First batch of uploads:

youtube.com/watch?v=DwXWyJRyy8U
youtube.com/watch?v=Win23nhGODE
youtube.com/watch?v=CqlaWzzbTuk
youtube.com/watch?v=EliS3kGo_o8

Arigatou to da Bren :stop: :pimp: :ziff:

respec…

EDIT:

HOW DA FUCK CAN YOU PLAY THAT END OF THE TARREGA??? HOW THE HELL DO YOU PRACTICE THAT MANNNNNNNNNNNN damn°°°°°°°

hahahahaha man tha thcaik zymph!!! FUCKKKKKKKKKKK!

:wood: :wood: :wood: :wood:

The Tarrega is great. About to listen to the Tchaikovsky. Love the quote about the transcriptions too. haha

da tru fukkin transcripz

i iz ripping the 2nd dvd now, mei-ting’s firebird is pozz insane

the octaves at the end of tarrega are amazing o_o

Just watched the Tchaikovsky, overall a superb and very effective transcription.

Was the piano only half-open for your BIIIG SOUUND? 8)

fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk i iz excited :whale: :stop:

DA MT Firebird:

youtube.com/watch?v=5wnLoQKbWPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=LN_Pq6vLdxg
youtube.com/watch?v=uYsUgkXmyGg