16th Clit Comp iz Live

Da feztin method: prax the hardest pzzgz az fazt az pozz, if not faztah. Then at least when you fuck up nobody can tell wtf you’re playing. :mantelpiece_clock:

4 Likes

What diz mofo is saying sounds legit, but where to find such a sensei and who will fund these exorbitantly expensive lessons?

Perfect for :lib: sightrapes :sunglasses:

1 Like

““Does that have anything with building muscles and co-ordination? Not really - the aim is to learn to listen and control every micro aspect of sound, even the way the notes are joined from the end of one note to to the beginning of the next.””

YES YES EXACTLY THIS

when i played the 740/1 i was having hand togetherness issues, they would fall out of synch. its not a physical problem, its a listening problem; i wasnt hearing every left hand note matched perfectly with every right hand note. these dont just help you playing fast, they’re supposed to train to to listen to yourself fast

1 Like

That’s probably the key. The level of attention that you bring to what you are doing that is key. If anything, the lack of appealing musical content prevents you from getting swept away by emotions and makes it easier to concentrate on various aspects of technique and sound production.

1 Like

and, actually, it’s a good challenge to your musicality to make these somewhat mechanical etudes sound like actual music; if you start to focus on phrasing and sound quality and balance of chords and such, you can almost trick yourself into enjoying it; i was working on this today and it’s a good one

I forgot this maniac program these.

1 Like

Jean-Frederic Neuberger recorded the entire Op. 740. That guy has pretty wikid tech.

2 Likes

Whatever works! There are no absolutes in music.

Besides, mofos like Hofmann, Rach, Liszt and others - all who had extremely fast memorization skills for rep absorption, could certainly devote time to solving “tech” problems in stuff like exercises… they might not ever encounter such extreme challenges in standard rep, however.

Den dere is da :ho: , who never spent time on that stuff. Same goes for Ginzburg, and many others.

What could be worthwhile is tackling some rep like da Brahms Paganini… it pretty much got sum extreme scenarios you don’t see elsewhere.

I’ve found the difficulties in sum of Liszt’s standard works to be plenty sufficient to test most of the “components” of raw tech. And den you get to Chopin works and get frustrated as fuck. LMAO.

1 Like

Or just do da Chop-Godo Op 25-6

I worked through a bit and heard da Trumomma yelling “what the hell is this crap, stop fooling around” from da other room

Lmao

There are absolutely no absolutes in music. Just go for specific results that you want… there many ways to achieve…

Just don’t hurt yoself (truly)

And don’t get involved with a chick that sucks up (ha) all your time.

3 Likes

yeah i did brahms pag book 1 and nearly ruined my hand :grimacing:

then i thought schumann toccata would be good… fuckin stupid

i actually had a problem with my nerve in my right arm unrelated to playing but which caused my right hand to not work for 2018-2020, and i started playing again in 2020 and decided to try a different way technically, the czerny seems to be helping :laughing:

youre absolutely right tho, many, many approaches work, and everybody has to invent the wheel for themselves.

1 Like

yeee this guys wikid

looked on youtube and found this- these 6 pieces are very underrated debussy imo

1 Like

Yeah man, don’t force stuff.

I know a dude that really damaged his hands from cramming both books of the Brahms Paganini… never fully recovered.

Dude was pulling lots of Asian thots tho… and wasn’t even that attractive. Damn.

He’s send me pics of bitches in his bed. Nice!

3 Likes

You want a copy of his recording of Op. 740?

actually not- im having fun discovering them for myself and if i hear his recording im sure ill have my ego hurt, and try to play them as fast as him, without learning them properly.
thank you tho :kissing_heart:

1 Like

exactly what ive found, yes!

hahahaha intereztin dizcuzzion :lib:
i vil fo zho refer to tha HANON az tha GANON goin forward :doc:

2 Likes

Poss also a low key inside troll

lots of waldsteins… tough piece, im beginning to realize what good pogramming for competitions is and this piece is not it.
listeining to mvmt. 1 from Stephenson, tis good but little sf’s are missing, and rhythm isnt steady. looks and sounds nervous. 3rd mvmt, more polished, but some hands together issues.
dunno why he programmed gargoyles!? even liebermann hates that piece these days. sounds unsteady and overpedaled. you know you fucked up when you do your big finish and the hall is dead quiet lol
https://youtu.be/6E4H2B4kx9g?t=2643

2 Likes

Absolutely correct. I played the bitch out of that piece since 2007 and it rarely made a big impression… swapped it out for Op 111 and really splayed my cock & balls out

1 Like