A Gigantic FUCK YOU to all critics, courtesy of TR

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

koji

LEGENDARY :rectum: :rectum:

Maybe this is an altogether different Teddy quote, but it says the same thing a bit more eloquently:

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in that gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

ahhahaha DAIM a bit TRU

diz iz theodore rozevelt o iz i inzanely miztaken?

haha letz put all quotez u know in diz thread

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it’s done, they’ve seen it done every day, but they’re unable to do it themselves.”
Brendan Behan
:rectum:

the same could be said about some piano teachers!

haha tru da old ‘if u can, do, if u cant, teach’ pozz

but diz iz intereztin becuz moz peniz in deir old age eitha becummah teachaz o cuntduktaz

zo da zayin zhud be

‘while u can play, play, when u cant, juz teach o cuntdukt’ :ho: :whale: :pimp: :kan: :rectum:

tru, pozz

You are correct; mah fave prez.

koji

Man, that’s a BEAUTIFUL quote.

koji

“Artists have to face criticism, but they also have to put up with insults and attacks from cranks.”–Raymond Lewenthal

koji

“The immoral profession of musical criticism must be abolished.”
- Richard Wagner

And, a bit off topic… a lovely quote that I quite agree with:

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
- Frank Zappa

Frank Zappa, such an interesting mofo.

-da Meph

“'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there;
The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of sugarplums danced in their heads.” - Clement Clarke Moore

:ho:

tru tha refdezk thought of tha day

hahahahahaha pozzibly one of tha moz legendariy quote mofo iz tha nietzche, whu publizh fuckin epigramz juz zo mofoz cud quote him latah on tru :whale:

hahahaha lthough theze iz mo tha philozophicsheeyat dan tha inziprin quotez tru

mah all tym fav tru:
"The voice of disappointment: “I listened for an echo and heard nothing but praise–”

n zum othah fuckin TRU sheeyatz:
“One begins to mistrust very clever people when they become embarrassed”

“When we have to change our mind about a person, we hold the inconvenience he cuses us very much against him.”

“When a woman has scholarly inclinations there is usually something wrong with her sexually” 8)

da DONGAH, when azkd to explain da difference between peniztz n kritticz wuz quick to point out dat:

peniztz play da 88, but kritticz iz mo

“lyk 2 handz fightin” :dong:

One of da bettah ones to be sure but also a dangerous imperialist mofo. Conceivably he set da USA on da road to hell, with foreign entanglements and such. Nonetheless mah favorite quote of his is

“I took the (Panama) Canal and let Congress debate the legality” 8) :stop:

USS Arizona in the Panama Canal… :unamused:

“They (critics) mostly don’t know much about painting, or even care. That’s why the creative artist is such an inconvenience to them. But they can sure smell money.”–Richard Maury

forumgallery.com/adetail.php?id=157

koji

haha i lyk this thread its wut every artist thinks…only thinks haha u kno

I think I understand now what prompted this thread. I have to agree with what rugby said, he is a huge hog fan and has good taste. Dave de lucia is an idiot. Arri iz biased beyond belief. the others should consume cyanide. Don’t let the haters get you down!

Man, listen to deLucia’s recordings on download.com… Pathetic.

I mean it’s one thing to say Koji’s recs aren’t to your taste, but to go on a tirade about shit you don’t understand… Pathetic

true and he once said deacon was the smartest man in the world. nuff said. what bachrach said really boils my blood too, how dare he.