a variation on da 2 overdone "whos ur fave peniz?"

whos ur fave OLD pianist, as in da VERY old times??? In the begining of recordings, such as cortot, francis plante, paderewsky…

basically, this is a thread about da romantics and early-modernists…whos ur fave? Rosenthal? Rach? Hoffman? Friedman?busoni? de pachman?
I rly cant make up my mind…I guess ill go with hoffman or rach…da busoni didnt record enuff, da paderewsky is shameful, and I havent heard any friedman or rosenthal…

I guess it is unfair to put cortot in this list, as he is in an entirely different world…he is unique…

Lhevinne, Barere, Horowitz and Richter

Lhevinne - for insane overall technique
Horowitz - for superb tonal control, articulation, and the fastest octaves ever.
Barere - for the fastest finger tech ever.
Richter - for the best Beethoveen and Schubert fucking EVER!!!

hahahahha i mean old penizes!!!

i knew da ho and richter wud show up…i might as well make a great poenis thread…

i mean ANTIQUE, OLD, ROMANTIC, EARLY EARLTY EARLY MODERNISTS PIANISTS!!!

horowitz and richter are NOT one of them…da ho and rectum r prty recent actually…

Those are basically the only pianists I like anyway (golden-age).

koji

Hofmann of course. and why doez everyone spell it hoffman? iz diz da polizh way or sum sheeyat?

Apart from him da rezt of da greatz. Mozt of da older generation (D’albert, Rosenthal, Friedheim, Bus) didn’t make enough recordings unfortunately.

tru, D’Albert must have been something out of the ordinary…