And da award fo moz CG inappropriate applauze moment goez to

Truuuu. I realize dat da communist system actually is a fuckin cancer

Lol, Iā€™m probably a communist tbh. Iā€™m somewhere in that general region, just completely without the authoritarian angle.

For the record, Stalin and Lenin were cunts. :putin:

Is communism possible without da:

Forced labor + ruthless control over opposition?

Da Vent recommended some really good reading material on this general matter a while back. Iā€™ll try to find the link.

Iā€™m fairly knowledgeable on history of the era but far from an authority. What happened in Russia in 1917 etc was that a brutal, repressive system was overthrown, and itā€™s probably a natural consequence that if youā€™re completely replacing one economic system with another one, force is required, and people arenā€™t going to be benevolent leaders, theyā€™re going to be the ruthless cunts who got to the top of the new movement. So their implementation was always going to result in something nasty. I hold the view that communism isnā€™t repressive per se, but the consequence of revolutions almost always is.

This is my bible and by the author Da Vent mentioned. Iā€™m not going to paraphrase-summarise it, because that would be leading, but if you donā€™t have a lot to do atm and want to read it, please do and formulate your own conclusions.

unexpected thread derail alert

1 Like

da :hui: iz zafe :sunglasses:

4 Likes

fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

I donā€™t think Communism is inherently bad at all, in fact it seems more of a fundamentally ā€œgoodā€ system than Capitalism. But the times it has been attempted in history has always been derailed into a ruthless dictatorship. This is why most people are leery of communism.

Capitalism has always been ruthless as well but mostly in terms of ā€œsucks to be born poorā€ ruthless instead of ā€œblow your brains outā€ ruthless.

1 Like

Yes I agree, but I have my suspicions that this is a. a commentary on the sort of people who want to run places and b. because communism is not the global norm thus subject to external pressures seeking to undermine it, thus causing a cyclical shift to ruthlessness.

(My point there being that if communism were the norm, capitalist countries would need to be similarly authoritarian to keep going.)

Yes, that is the justification given by Lenin for his rather iron fisted policies.

However I must argue that Capitalism would be much easier to put into place even if Communism was the norm since it is signifcantly easier to exploit human greed versus human compassion. Another reason why it took dictatorships to enforce Communism is because itā€™s hard to get people to think of anybody other than themselves or their loved ones.

1 Like

Lenin was also just seeking to find an apologist rationale for his dictatorial tendencies. Imo he was not the right leader, just the most ruthless.

It is also fair to say that the West tried very hard to undermine him; I think thereā€™s a legit possibility that a more laissez faire approach from the west combined with a more moderate individual in charge might have had better results.

1 Like

This is a good point. I donā€™t completely want to preempt the contents of the book I linked above, but I feel that as humans have evolved technologically they have also become more selfish, or more accurately, less prone to altruism.

Right. The more nice things that are available to buy, the more that one wants to able to purchase said nice things.

Itā€™s easy to imagine Communism in the Stone Age since there wasnā€™t much anybody could do with accumulated wealth.

Also, the collective social entity was under more direct threat, so symbiotic behaviour was of more evident benefit, but now I really am getting into the above book :wink:

1 Like

I must say that there are altruistic concepts to Capitalism as well. The drive to make more money should theoretically urge producers to create better products/better service and increase the quality of living for everybody.

However, people will exploit this and resort to embezzlement, laundering, cheating and knockoffs, which is the downsideā€”just as how there are ways to exploit Communism, which we know all too well.

1 Like

I would generally say that Marxism is in part driven by an attempt, Iā€™m not going to judge whether it is successful or not, to place economics within a moral framework (his most famous maxim ie ā€œfrom each according to his ability, to each according to his needsā€ strikes me as a moral foundation), whereas modern day capitalism, at least, is theoretically driven autonomously by the workings of ā€œthe free marketā€ and it as a force is abstract and neither moral nor amoral, in the same sense that morality does not apply to laws of maths etc. 2+2=4, thereā€™s no wrong or right in that.

1 Like

Tru

I wanna make a cuntribution to da communizm/capitalizm dizcuzzion: :dong:

3 Likes

That Mao always cracks me up.

ā€œGreat ballz of firahā€

1 Like

HAHAHAHAHA

Oh man. Thatā€™s the clueless consumer of mass-produced classical music. Any questions about NYC? Yeah, I thought so.

Luckily, Poon fans are more erudite