Best live performer?

Too bad he played with a lame orchestra though, they were lagging behind him when he let rip in the 3rd movement - and then he played the final bit of that movement as his 2nd encore.

I’ll be uploading the concert soon.

zim,soko,bronfman zo far

Hah he played part of the concert again as an encore? tru lazy mofo! :rudy:

No, he also played prelude 23/5 and something else I cant identify. I’m not very familiar with rach rep in general – only the concerti and the sonatas i’m afraid.

that’s right.

Either da US doesn’t want him or he

8) just prefers other countries.

:dong:

the last review he got in san francisco several years ago was the most lukewarm piece of shit ever. something about how there were “too many ornaments” in his (fucking amazing) Rameau suite, and the concert started late, and the lighting on stage was so dim… nothing about the pianism of course

fuck these american reviewers, who are mostly hacks who suck the right dick to get a job at a newspaper

da zpirit of da yankees is questionable.

:dong:

but gees, isn’t that typical in the US…

da freedom of speech.

8)

Most reviewers are bad anyways.

in europe it’s a bit better, i think alot of reviewers (at least used to be) musicologists who write for magazines… in the states it could be an everyman who used to write for the sports section

Well, mostly reviewers are either pretending to be the living Horowitz-Richter-Gilels incarnation who think they’re worthy to totally bash a performance with their imba knowledge…or they’re putting a performance to heaven and define it as the new light on the horizon.

Either way the performancer will be forgotten soon or late. I’m seriously waiting for a real hyped artist who deserves it and will still be talked about in 50 years…we’ll have to wait till then :slight_smile:

you don’t have to be able to be “the living Horowitz-Richter-Gilels incarnation” to intelligently and critically evaluate pianists any more than you have to be the world record-holding high-jumper to coach olympic athletes. the problem is that people don’t have the requisite knowledge to make intelligent evaluation criteria.

Criticism seems to be more about florid writing than musical perspicacity.

Of course you don’t have to be that (it helps as usual), what I meant was that some reviewers act like they are when they bash a performance down.

He doesn’t play anymore, but Weissenberg live was something to experience.

Why don’t we open it up to the great dead ones?

perhaps in europe that’s the case, but in america reviews are so lukewarm in general it’s a joke… nothing is ever “boring” or “unidimensional”, instead it’s “understated” and “postmodern”. if sokolov played the most beautiful rameau it was “brought out some nice colors in the rameau”. stupid shit.

LOL @ postmodern. I’d die laughing if I read that in a review. :dong: