Da HAMAMATSU 2018 šŸ‘ŗ

Ah sheā€™s playing a brew classic brotha.

Yup that too.

Iā€™ll get a better feel for this competition tomorrow. I couldnā€™t watch much today, but will be able to have the stream on between 9 and 13 tomorrow.

Whatā€™s your plan now incidentally Brew, youā€™re leaving France already this week?

10/4 is very good.

I was supposed to leave today, but thereā€™s been a complication. Iā€™ll update my life story thread.

1 Like

No offense to da TM, but the Weimah Liszt Comp. is a complete joke compared to this one. One day in and I already heard some really good stuff in the first round.

3 Likes

I agree, even the first Russian pianist I heard yesterday was outstanding. Could someone record Anna G on Monday morning please?

Now listening to da SYCHEV - splendid Feux dā€™artificeā€¦using da FIST sometimes!

I think all will be available on the Hamamatsu website?

I donā€™t see it anywhere and they donā€™t put it on their YT page. If someone could screen grab A.G. on Monday that would be great.

No, I mean the day after the performance it will be available for watching worldwide.

1 Like

Oh thatā€™s perfect dude, thank you very much. BTW, I rather respect these organisers for adding ads before their videos because they are streaming everything.

1 Like

Very fresh playing from da Sychev here. Iā€™m with Erwin, another random dude and this is already as good or better than anything from Weimar.

It would be a bit insane if they donā€™t let this Sychev passā€¦ :+1:

Yes, a bit anonymous but this is an excellent Campanella

Hehe, the Japanese struggling in their own way with English as usual. ā€œCompletition Blookletsā€.

5 more candidates an hour from nowā€¦
Btw this Sychev also won the Weimar Comp in 2015! His Liszt was excellent indeedā€¦

Wait until they have general elections. :wink:

Taking the opportunity to check out Kliuchereva Tony heard yesterday here during intermission. None of the pianists Iā€™ve heard have had that extra last touch to make me confident weā€™ll see them touring in major halls, but this is excellent as well, and this time definitely above anything I heard in Weimar. She messed up the climax of the Liszt TE a little I thought, and plays at the edge in the Tchai/Fein, but sheā€™s very impressive otherwise - great tech, great portrayals of the music, and she has both abandon and excitement in her playing when called for.

I loved the Chop comp as well, but aside from that which was something else this looks like the competition of the year. :+1:

Sure enough, this guy too does a fantastic Rhapsody!

Now Iā€™m just waiting for Debargue to appear.