Da šŸ½ learns a classic Chop noct

His Hoff/Rach wannabe modernist phrasing always sounds unnatural and stiff imho.

Pretty wikid playing here tho, sounds like he is fuckin around - I admire it but also consider it sum whut wtf and ā€œcultā€

Not piggo level of cult tho :wim:

Idk. His playing after 2006 mostly turns me off.
Certainly more mannered tho.

3 Likes

Pletnev was always a little strange. Somehow his eccentric stance over last several years doesnā€™t seem like a false posture to me even when I am waaaay out of sympathy with it. I think partly because he still a real pianist underneath it.

2 Likes

Tis the sort of thing I can lose myself in for 6 minutes no issue. Couldnā€™t take a full rectal of it. A full rectal of chop nocts would alzo be to blame. :ghey:

1 Like

Itā€™s pretty cool but also perverse

@xsdc you into this?
@vladspeedster will dig this.

1 Like

Nah. I didnā€™t dislike it, but it also didnā€™t do much for me.

Iā€™m definitely in to the Nocturnes however if thatā€™s the question. I was even toying with the idea of tubing a series of them just now this weekend, with standout performances from the past 100 years, but I think I decided against it in the end.

Yeah that comes across here to me. This isnā€™t really the kind of loose, whorey and ultra melancholic interp I like in the middle section. I always go w/ Tipo. I like the '05 live Ivo too. Pianists always play that section too quickly

Pretty self-indulgent, mannered, over-the-top rubato IMO. A bit like Hofmann could play sometimes in his last period, out of boredom. Still, a great pianist with his own sound.

I still think this is unequalled in 62/2

1 Like

da SDC mofo with taztez da mo remote from da MART taztez iz

not da X
not da PROKMOFO

but da fuckin VLAD :pogo:

fuckkkkkkkk fo da MART everythin iz wrong in diz diz interpr :wim:

3 Likes

zo da inverze of da :chop: ā€˜agitatoā€™ markin ?

1 Like

for some of us da ho interaction purely agitato

1 Like

Diz my fav. verzionā€¦

1 Like

Vlad is one of the 3 or 4 most artistically intelligent people I know. We often have different priorities or preferences as well, but not once can I think of an occasion where I havenā€™t thought heā€™s had a point with what he says. Itā€™s just that with him what itā€™s all about is artistic expression, and he grasps, connects with and can make sense of even the most fine-grained and esoteric emotions and thought processes put in to a performance. With that level of musicality where itā€™s at is the Pletnevs, the Pogorelichs etc in the music world, whereas listening to a ziff rhapsody is just boring.

2 Likes

Fuck, this eternal compliment. Respect the X.

1 Like

nah, pretty sure itā€™s ztill me :sunglasses:

1 Like

I juz think tiz 10 tym hardah to play da above NEUHAUZ zubtle rubato den diz OBVIOUZ parodic rubato

incomprehensibly, da VLAD haff REZPECABLE movie tazte :sunglasses:

1 Like

AHAHAHA zo bazically

Artizdick preference iz related to

Financial zecurity :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Wtf.

:zenzei:
:no_entry:

2 Likes