Da PIMP-THALBurglah DUEL thread

True, sounds right.

HAHAHAH TRU diz zmooth aquadick FURY :fire: :whale2: :sunglasses:

alzo randomly, i fully believe da THALburglah wiki which claim diz zong wuz one of da moz famouz 88 workz of da 19th century

at da tym, i iz zhor many mofoz tried to copy/parody diz ztylee, which randomly hurt itz legacy in da long run

kind of lyk da movie DA MATRIX

diz one of da moz legendary zcifi moviez of all tym, but da inzane numbah of parodiez dat cummah aftah bazically raped our perception of itz original gensui :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Google Sigismund Thalberg forgotten master and you’ll get the article I wrote. (I’m wary of direct linking to third party blogs from this forum
)

1 Like

Ok, I’ll check later today!

1 Like

Da subject juz interest me. Imagine da pimp high on good acid or zumthin :dong:

I remembah da jredmond told a ztory here dat he wuz in a comp with dat mofo who is not da MOTEL but pozzibly again zimilah zoundin name and he couldn’t afford to buy drinkz fo da othah cumpetitors aftr he won because he spend all his winningz on blow

1 Like

HAHA REZPEC diz unique thread derailment tech :sunglasses:

1 Like

HAHAHAHA i randomly already read dat article while rezearchin diz thread

REZPEC da FEZTINMOFO n yo eloquent proze :sunglasses:

1 Like

AHAHAHA FUCKKK!

Yeah the other Grynyuk, Sasha.

ahahahah da PEARMOFO zhud lizten to da full MOZEZ wizout prejudice

beginz a bit zl*w but da epic buildup to da finale

DAYUM juz

one of da moz well cuntztructed 88 workz of all tym tru :fire: :sweat_drops: :musical_keyboard:

No cumpozition of THAL can evah change da fact dat
Da 88pear will alwayz be a Lisztian :1st_place_medal: moah dan a Thalbergian. :2nd_place_medal: :wink:

Rezpectfully dizagree with dis choize ov wordz, too. :japanese_goblin:
Tiz moah a queztion of tazte and perzonal preferenzez
:thinking:
I still remember buying some works of Thalberg years ago, some very old original editions containing op. 60-66 and the 12 Etuden Op. 26. I played them through, thinking, “oh some of it is quite charming, but now back to practising the Liszt TEs, Chopetz, Mendelssohn, Schumann etc.”
He was an aristocrat, in many wayz (and certainly at da 88) the exact opposite of :pimp:
his compoz suited to his personal virtuozo style and the fashion of his time, but for me there’s not much more attraction to it

ahahahah da zepp wud randomly agree da large majority of da THALz output iz a bit sheeyat

but in da caze of da MOZEZ

i believe a rare feat iz achieved here, dat iz, diz zong haff cummah to DEFINE one zpecific tech pattern (da ARP ORGY + theme in middle + bazz chordz) to da point where u cannot imagine diz pattern bein uzed mo effectively in a different m*zical zettin

dere iz very few examplez in hiztory where a compo cummah to DEFINE A TECH PATTERN

of da top of ma zheeyat i can only think of:

da BROTHA, broken chordz goin up in da moonrape 3rd mvmt
da ZHERBERT, broken chordz in 2421 form, in da ZIFF IMP
da PIMP, RRLL chord zpazz to depict fire, in da DANTE openah
n da alt octz of da ZIFF BEE

da MOZEZ iz part of diz elite group imo :sunglasses:

4 Likes

True da THAL patented/invented this “three-hands” technique/effect, but for me that doesn’t say much about the overall mu*ical quality & importanze of the workz he produzed.

Just read it, well written and agreed with yo cuntcluzionz.

1 Like

ahahaha tru da THAL invented diz textcha, but otha mofoz can ztill uze it obviouzly

da PIMP tried wiz da NORMA, n it wuz a bit zheeyat :sunglasses:

1 Like

@festinfurious Which of the 83 known opusnumbahz is the most worthwhile in your opinion? Is there a particular work that really stands out?

Da 3rd et prel -

Actually diz a wikid tech to maztah zpazz burztz wiz mini alt breakz :lib:

1 Like

diz et a bit wikid

1 Like

Opus 81