Famous pianists that you randomly don't like

:ho:

tiz alwayz a bit tenze when tha meph n jake git to jokin wit each otha 8)

1 Like

I really like almost everything I’ve heard from Geza Anda.

Yeah, I’ll have to check them both out especially the live Serkin. Serkin’s studio recordings are indeed not good for the most part.

I was really unimpressed by Anda’s Chopin, but I’ll give the Bartok another shot.

8)

1 Like

Well, I think his Beethoven Sonatas on Sony (5 cd set) are all excellent. Same goes for his Schumann Concerto, Schumann Quintet, Chopin Preludes, Prok Concerto 4, Mozart Concertos, early Brahms Concertos, early Beethoven Concertos, Mendelssohn Concertos, Brahms Quintet. So I’d say his recordings are actually rather good, for the most part. It’s just that, like many, he was a different pianist in concert. A bit less restrained.

For example:
Live Mendy: mediafire.com/?1ls3q7ltiqu1ah4
Live Mozart: mediafire.com/?s48wfga2kig93w3

hahah DA MEPH

haha hiz partitaz unexpectedly da bezt 8)
da :g: juz embarazzing in diz

I’ll admit I’m impressed by Serkin’s cojones :wood: :wood:

Perahia is probably the best Bach interpreter today.

Gould’s Partita set is below his usual standard. But his 6th (from Bruno vid) is best by a mile.

weizzmeiztah iz predicktably mah fav for tha 4th partittah :gav:

As much as Gould disses Mozart, I found his Mozart immensely enjoyable, sometyms more than da Bach.

Have we mentioned Hewitt yet? Diva attitude and pretentiousness with subpar talent.

Case-in-point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nw1lHPaSLo

She played tic-tac-toc one octave apart. What a hack. While it is acceptable from Couperin’s writing that this is permissible but when Brahms edited Couperin’s work, it has been changed to play on the same octave (like Sokolov or Tharaud or any other respectable pianist), so she went out of her way to play it like this.

Yeah, that’s his best partita interpretation imo and one of my favorites for that piece too.

Hewitt is pretentious. I don’t like when people mess with the registration either. (Gould does that in his coked out Partita 4, sadly).

Much prefer Jennifer Love Hewitt. :pimp:

Hewitt’s dynamic use in phrasing makes me feel seasick randomly

Argerich’s playing is pure natural, very unique in her own way. She’s a special one. How can you dislike her…

She can literally sight read anything and deliver a spontaneous touch.

da :dong: is also natural, naturally sheeyat.

Because everything is subjective…Exzept your opinion of long dong - that’s certainly universal!

I hate lang lang so much it has sort of made me racist against Asians.

Banned****

:dong:

da dong haz a mad tech and big rep, that earns him my respec.
Musically, he’s never done anything for me, though he isn’t always vulgar or boring.
I think my main issue with him is that his fame is not commensurate with his ability.
There aren’t many (or maybe any?) pianists his age or younger that particularly impress me.
I guess it’s too much to ask for another Horowitz or Gould to just come on the scene and knock everyone’s socks off.

When he is not playing perhaps.

As a side note - does this mean penists that aren’t mentioned are universally loved (on this site) or just inoffensively meh…

Andnses,
Rachmaninoff,
Bullet,
Casadesus,
Cltburnah,
Fleisher,
Freire,
Freidman,
Geisking,
Haskil,
Ginsburg,
Hess,