Favourite Chopin Work?

tru jake da 45 prel, ma moizt pick

NO SHEEYAT :tempo: :zogo: 8)

Right now, the Barcarolle.

@comme: I also am fond of the 24th prelude.

da 8th alzo a fav, n da gensui 12th ztompah

da 22nd randomly undar8ed alzo

n randomly uzed in da gensui CG dewey COX :ho:

Da Sokolov 28-22 is a really great performance. I’ve heard some thinner performances that just don’t match up to it.

da BLINDGENSUI 8)

possibly 3rd sonata

My favorite is probably the first piano concerto, but then there are SO many other great works he composed; it really depends on the phase of the moon which one I rate the highest.

Def tha 4th ballade, just so friken epic, wonderful progression, very simple and to the point at first, then things get complicated, just like life. Easy pick for me, definitely my fav chopin work.

Fantasy, hands down.

how can you choose one!!!???

im unable to choose between the nocturnes, the chopets, the polfan, the fant, the second sonata… juz… daim…

for now i will choose:

nocturne op.9 no.1

8)

Fur Elise n Alla Turca :dong:

hahaha

You know what?

Now I L.O.V.E the Polonaise-Fantasie, one of my favourite works!
And the Barcarolle - obsessed with it.

Late Chopin took time for me, the Cello sonata is IMO his greatest Sonata of all 4.

ahahahah i vil randomly n cuntraverzially declar tha BARC iz in fact one of tha moz difficult chop work to play

not becuz of zum dumb “moonlyt-zonata-2nd-mvt-iz-tha-hardezt-becuz-of-tha-muzic*lity” reazon, but tiz juz awkward n zurprizingly not comfortabl compard to otha chop zongz

i mean zum of it iz fitz undah tha handz but a lot doeznt at leazt fo mahzelf :chop: :dong: :lib:

For Chopin, I love the second sonata and 24 preludes in terms of pure compo genzui n perfection of form. Da Balls 1 and 3 also fit into dat category, as doze da Barcazheeyat.

Many spots in the 3rd sonata are indescribably beautiful but it is - on the whole, not nearly as gensui as the second sonata.

Also, da Noct op 55 no 2 has timeless moments dat make you forget everysheeyat else.

Those double trills… I remember thinking when I first saw the score that I should probably start practicing these now in case I ever want to play the work. Still not sure I can do it. :lib:

But true, Barcarolle, Ballade 4 and the Preludes are as good as anything ever composed by anyone for anything. As is most of the rest of his output.

I’ll + one those barcarolle trills, they were hard. Favourite Chopin work for me is the F minor concerto. I still love that Kapell Polonaise-Fantasie too.

The Preludes without question are my favorite but otherwise my tastes (w/r/t/ Chopin ) are closely inline with what da TM wrote above.

1 Like