Favourite Richter Recz? :rectum:

Well, listen and let me know:

Innsbruck

Moscow

2 Likes

You know what? Iā€™m sure you can steer me in da right direction.

I just remember it so well because that woulda been right at the time dat I bought a zumwut sheeyat conzole 88 and drag it into my alazka lakeside cabin

I opened that mofo up and replaced da buzted action zpotz near da middle with da outer mozt keys dat I wud nevah uze :doc:

Word, thank you.

1 Like

Neither.

Do you have any other suggestions?

If you give me nothing to go on, I canā€™t really help you.

Was it the WTC book I, P&F 1-8 on Deutsche gramophone?

If not, Iā€™m out. Not really interested in derailing this thread any further.

1 Like

Maybe? There is a reason I ask you after all

Oh and you can settle right down too. Derailing the favorite ricther recording thread byā€¦trying to track down my favorite Richter recording? :comme:

fuk I forgot :rectum: last 3 :nigga: zonz from Leipzig.

Hard to list:
Beethoven recital Leipzig
Sofia recital
Schubert D960
Lugano recital 1994 with Franck PCF and Ravel Valses Nobles + Miroirs - one of my favorite recs by old Richter
Prokofiev 4th + war sonatas
Scriabin 12 Etudes Moscow 1952
Warsaw Scriabin recital
Prokofiev 5th concerto with Ormandy
Brahms 2 with Munch - probably my favorite Brahms 2nd ever
Schumann Fantasie from the Philips Authorized recordings box
surely many others that Iā€™m forgetting

4 Likes

truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

1 Like

Rezpec diz prick 4 mention

Donā€™t hear dat a whole lot

I donā€™t have anything on that. I looked around a little and Malow says Carnegie Hall, but I donā€™t think thatā€™s Carnegie. The microphones tattles Moscow - but I at least donā€™t think itā€™s the Conservatory.

ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ

1 Like

Yeah, definitely not Carnegie. The interp does sound similar to the Carnegie 1970 rec, but in the vid he looks younger than that. To me that looks like pre-1960 Richter, but I could be wrong.

Yeah itā€™s not in the Moscow or Leningrad small or large halls.

Thatā€™s my guess too, 1950s. You canā€™t date it from the repertoire either since he never really let it rest 1942-1961.

Also the Januari 8 1951 rectal on Vista Vera contains some :nigga: that is definitely below his normal ztandardz

I realize Iā€™m waaaaay in da minority here on diz one (not for the first time today :wink:

Indeed. 80s and 90s Richter have some things which arenā€™t a whole lot of fun, but otherwise my main criticism with him is that he often took things to the concert hall without giving them proper time. With many works itā€™s clear he hadnā€™t known them long or thought about them much and just mowed them through essentially - and only a minority of his performances show genuine pianistic craftsmanship, which he was more than capable of.

Itā€™s in line with his time however, but since you know what a staggering musician he was itā€™s annoying it doesnā€™t always sound the way you know it could have.

1 Like

Well, that can be said for any mofo with a huge rep.

1 Like

Yes it certainly can.

I donā€™t think his standards were that bad, but he was a bit of the antithesis of ABM who only kept a small performing repertoire, but that which he did play always meeting the highest standards as he saw them.