Great pianists in their primes

Haha, as you said, you don’t listen to classical that much. Let this be a lesson for you 8)

Michelangeli does have some beautiful playing in his tv Chopin recital imo, but mostly the beauty is found in the extreme control he has over everything, which doesn’t always interest me too much. His Berceuse is imo one of the best I’ve ever heard.

ABM is usually a hit or miss for me, either I LOVE how he plays a certain work, or it’s just not to my taste. Sometimes he works out just a small passage so beautifully and in his own way that only he can do, and that’s what makes him so great to me.

Just WTF.

if youtube is your most faithful indicator to judge a pianist, it’s fruitless to discuss anything further.

Seriously, PS and PW are officially the best two places for you.

yes,I misjudged Michelangeli…
Please ignore my comments in this topic, I disown them. What is PS and PW? I should have known better than criticizing a classical pianist, especially when I am not familiar with most of his recordings.

pianostreet and piano forum

ok, I should not have criticized Michelangeli. I’ll stick to the Jazz forum from now on. I hope this agitation subsides soon.

Regards.

P.S. iamcanadian: thank you for that Michelangeli recording. I will listen to it right now.

eh, don’t take it too seriously. you can criticize whoever you like, just be prepared for their supporters to give you some backlash 8)

da kritty can be da krusty from time to time

Same.

I don’t even know where to put Ashk… 70’s I suppose?

haha da Kritt iz so harsh on newbs to da sdc

I nominate him for SDC Hazer

:god:

ahahaha man tha HO haz thiz rec of tha chop op. 49 fant (truly a piece i dun lyk) but thiz one rec -pozz on tha great pianiztz zeriez -iz juz fuckin UNBELIEVABL :ho:

whenevah that wuz recd was prime HO tech fo me :stop:

Probably the 1948 RCA rec.