Knowing when to 'give up' trying to like a certain Pianizt/Compozer/Piece

I think it’s a pretty surface level limitation which you should try to work past, because you’re missing out on some incredible music. It’s a little bit like people who won’t listen to historical recordings because of the surface noise or watch black and white films.

4 Likes

It is a bit like that. I haven’t dismissed it, I’ve just set it aside and followed what I’ve liked or been interested in instead.

New for this season at the concert house is a string quartet subscription series, with 6 or 7 concerts with different internationally known ensembles over the year. I skipped it this time since I have so many concerts next season already as it is, but I seriously considered grabbing a seat since I think it’d be the best way possible both to get used to the instrumentation and to get to know some of the repertoire.

Hell, this got me excited about the idea again. I’m going to do like this: I’ll skip the subscription, but will book a seat at this concert when tickets go on sale next month.

Hmmm I zorta agree about da :rectum::pimp:

Only zorta becuz dat zofia TE11 iz one of da mozt furious zheeyat I evah heard of anything

2 Likes

If a person keeps playing, keeps experimenting, keeps listening to different genres (including chamber music, symphonic works and opera), keeps discovering new works & performers, if you continue to expand your knowledge, understanding and experience about art in general and music in particular, your tastes for pianists and composers may change dramatically in time.
Just an example: when I was about 20, :gman: was in my top 5 of pianists, photo wasn’t even in my top 50. More than 30 years later it’s the other way round. :lib:

3 Likes

Ahahaha fuckkkkkkkkk

Daiiiim I can undahztand cuntdemin da G fo da 10/2 fraud

But to dizmizz diz mofo altogethah zeem a bit harzh. Aftah all he duz reprezent a unique cg ticklah ztylee dat diztinguizh hiz pompouz azz from all othah mofoz of dat era :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hahahah a Gould ZIFF BEE wud be inzane :gman: :zif:

him unleazhin da LH ov each alt chrom oct n gettin a random friend to unleazh da RH :sunglasses:

You do realise da :zif: got accused of reccing da left and right separately? Like two hands cheating :dong:

2 Likes

Hahaha back in da 50z by da WIMz dad? :wim:

Hahahaha fuck. Da WIM Zeniah shud haff kept his middle pedal outta da wimmomma😎

2 Likes