Marston--Lagniappe-Selva?

Finally received my Marston Landmarks 2 set—credit card on 21 Feb and recd today.

Question—I saw mention in a previous post of a new Lagniappe disc (Selva). Has anyone received this yet? (As many others, I’m a “preferred piano” customer to Marston and they usually send the Lagniappe with any new piano issues, but none with the Landmarks. Just trying to determine if I/they missed something.)

Thanks.

I have it here in the form of a FLAC file if you want. It comes with a performance of a certain lady Boutet de Monvel which is one of the worst versions of the Franck I’ve ever heard on record…but Selva is great.

1 Like

The Selva was sent along with the first volume of the Landmarks. If you did not get it, they must forget to include it in the package. There is no Lagniappe along with vol. 2.

1 Like

Rezpek!!

2 Likes

Thanks; very thoughtful. I think Marston plans Lagniappes once a year–one for piano, one for vocal. I guess we’ll see what awaits in 2020. Thanks again.

1 Like

What other series are in the piano pipeline for Marston, just the Landmarks Vol. 3? They seem due for a Koczalski Vol 3.

1 Like

They are also planning a Lhevinne broadcasts release

How much material is there? Enough for a full CD or set? I thought that a fairly small amount and it was just going to be included in a Landmarks release.

1 Like

As what I heard, there will not be a Koczalski Vol. 3. The two volumes are all what they have planned.

1 Like

The Brahms C minor quintet, almost the entire 1936 Tchaik 1, 1933 Tchaik 1 (movts 2 n 3) n da previously released Chopin broadcasts (on Appian, now our of print) plus da previously issued meh stuff with his wife. Rezpek da mofo fo pimping his wife out tho

I hope da :hui: can do dat fo moi one day

1 Like

That stinks. I was looking forward to his later recordings/live stuff being released all together.

How many late commercial recordings are left? The broadcast/live recordings are not in the original plan anyway.

1 Like

Not sure. I think a little less than 1 CD worth of late commercial. I always figured the broadcasts were planned. Again, just as with Hofmann, this brings into question Marston’s idea of “complete.” It’s one thing if they can’t afford to continue with a series, but it’s another thing if they simply decide that some stuff isn’t worth issuing in a “complete” series.

2 Likes

haha tru thiz zound lyk a rarely playd gambit in tha chezz :chess_pawn:

3 Likes

dis a public forum?

1 Like