"Masterpieces" you don't dig

Da 88 is in great company - as much as I love Alkan myself I don’t ever think he’ll be mainstream. He’s just too much of an oddball. :grin:

And truth to tell I don’t like “most” of his music either, except to laugh at. He’s so wonderfully ravenous, extreme and ironic.

I think da :kan:zymph iz a maztahpiece on the level of da pimpzon. The Kanconc I’m lezz convinced by, sumwut dry.

2 Likes

Vasnt Alkan Harrison Ford repleizment fo Rach 3 as brutal hard piano piece? I thought daz hipster verzion of rach 3 fo “hardeszt concerto”.

It not a maszterpyeze?

BUZCONC v :rocky:3 v HENZELT?

Care to explain? Is it because you don’t like modern music, or anything particular about them?

Agreed wiz da KANZYMPH, da KANcerto iz not az zeriouz a work emotionally - it’z gleeful fury and blazez lyk a mofo in da right handz

Da middle movement iz alzo not az ztrong az da otha 2, but ztill gensui

Maybe I’m have gueszed “modern” muszic wud be too “hipszter” anyway to dig fo lizteners. :sunglasses:

Howevah i luv any by DA SKRYIB and he iz not modern becuz romantic ideasz even if no harmonie later onne.

I lyk l’ezcalier du diable zumwut and enjoy da novelty ov da way dey make yo earz dance, but when I zay I don’t dig dem…I REALLY REALLY zturggle to c how I cud compare dem to da memorablity and emotional rezonance dat cummah from etudez by Rachmaninov etc.

1 Like

Rock3<Henz<Buz

All wikid but datz ma rankin

Rock3 iz juz allround da bezt 88conc in hiztory IMO.

I think the entire Op.39 is one of the most remarkable opuses of the century, or indeed of any century.

Second only to Les Preux. :yum:

3 Likes

Le preux is da kind of maztahsheeyat da zepp wud haff compoed if he wuz born 1810.

6 Likes

Rach-3, but the Buz and Henz are both seriously neglected concertos. I suppose I don’t need to bring up my experience with the Busoni last spring again - after trying with it for 20 years! - and I really like the Henselt as well.

Medtner Nightwind. I WANT to like the piece. I have nothing against it, but it doesn’t really touch me as much as I would want it to. Maybe I should listen to it more often

2 Likes

If Rocky 3 is #1 DaTruMathematicianDeTerre got the arrows wrong :owl:

“I want to liek diz pyeze”. Amuszing reeszon and I ken re-leyt. Felt dat same way befoore about Brahmsz. And sucszeeded. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Rach Son 2…
dont know if this is considered a masterpiece, but it gets played enough to seem to be considered one!

What about da lokomoto pyeze by da KAN. More liek it!

Hahaha I used to play that! Maybe needs revived!

2 Likes

Ahahahaha not lieking a pieze once it gets pleighed fo a szertayn amount of taymze. :sunglasses:

Pyezez victmiszed by dyz predykment:

• Chopbal1
  • Rach 2
  • Maple Leaf Rag (ahahah i am da joplin mofo round heer but da MAPLE iszt empty Joplin imho with-out mel-odyes of later peryod! Peoplez play it associatez with comedy gensui master Joplin which i dun layke cosz Joplin = blaccChop)

Pyezez spared:

• ChopBall3 (keep hearin diz but it MAZTAHPYEZE)
  • Da KAMP - iz drama pyeze by da pimp but iz plain cute.
  • Da “Moonrape” - Iz gud peryod. All of it. Eszpesyally 2nd movement. Hipszter teyzt indicator.

Man diz nu linguizdick dizc-ovariez by da :timer_clock:mofo

2 Likes